Chapter 41 - New Life

Danielle Leone

Dean didn't say a word once we got into the plane. I know he's trying so hard to let everything go. I held his hand tightly and kissed the back of his hand. He turned to me and I smiled.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just.. my heart is heavy." He said and I nodded.

"One day, you could always come back home. They will always there to open their arms for you." I said and he nodded.

"I know."

"Let's be happy from now on.. okay?"

"Yeah."

Declan Serano

I just finished calling my legal team from Italy and signed an official statement about changing my name. As soon as I arrived in New Zealand, I wanted to do it.

I want to live as Declan Serano.

Danielle supported me and understood my decision. I'm glad that I did it, I just want to live the way I was supposed to live.

"Smells good." I said as I walked to the kitchen and Danielle chuckled.

"Tomahawk steak just got out from the oven. I'm praying that it doesn't turn out raw." She said as I hugged her from the back. She turned to me and ga e me a kiss.

"We always can put it back in the oven if it's raw." I said.

"Right.. but I want to original tomahawk steak where we just.. cut through it." She said and I kissed the top of her head.

"So we're just waiting for it to cool down?" I asked and she nodded.

"Can you help me setting up the table please?"

"Of course." I grabbed two plates along with the knives and forks. I grabbed a bottle of wine and suddenly the door bell rang. I quickly ran to the door and opened it.

"Mr. Serano, we de-" I gestured him to be quiet and he nodded. I walked out and closed the door behind me. I looked down to see the golden retriever puppies in the cage.

"Thank you so much." I said as I took out some tips for him.

"Thank you, Mr. Serano. Have a good day." He said and I smiled nodding. I squatted down and looked at the cute two puppies. I brought them to the garden and let them go.

Look at those two potatoes running around sniffing their new home. I sat down and they both come running to me.

"Declan!" I turned as Danielle opened the door. Her eyes widen and she squealed. She got in for a second and walked out with her phone.

"What on earth is thse potatoes doing here?" She squealed and I laughed.

It's been almost a month since we live in New Zealand and I can say I'm loving it. A lot of things changed and I'm starting to learn how to be happy and let everything go.

A week ago, Danielle kept dragging me to the petshop to look some dogs. She's been begging me to adopt one but I told her that we need to settle down comfortably first then have a puppy.

I looked up to some shelters instead of going to the petshop and found golden retriever puppies on their list. They have 7 puppies but I don't think I can adopt it all so I just ask for two puppies.

I know Danielle would love it because she always wanted golden retriever puppies.

Suddenly Danielle hugged me until we landed on the grass. She giggled and the puppies starting to jump on us.

"Thank you." She said and I nodded.

"You're welcome."

"We should name them.. wait.. are they both boys or girls or.. boys and girls?" She got up and checked the puppies herself.

"You got two boys? Awww." Danielle said and I chuckled.

"I picked the chunky ones." I said and she rolled her eyes. She hugged the both of them.

"Let's have dinner and go to the pet&co. We have to buy them beds, dog foods, toys and.. hmmm.. what else?" I kissed her cheek as I grabbed one from her.

"Calm down.."

"Look at him!"

"You should pick a name for them?" I said.

"Hmmm.. I want it to be a cute name. I want to name them Tater and Tots because they look like potatoes." She said.

"You can name them that, I don't mind."

"I'll just name him Simba, you pick one for him." She said as she pointed the one in my arms.

"Simba and Koda then.." I said and I turned to her.

"Perfect."

Danielle Leone

I just finished taking a long warm bath. I walked out with my robe and planned to grab a glass of water. I walked to the living room and found Declan sleeping on the sofa with two potatoes on him.

They're all sleeping soundly with the TV on and I smiled looking at them. I took my phone and secretly took a picture of them.

I turned off the TV and brought a blanket out. I put a blanket on him and one of the puppies woke up. I grabbed him and brought him to get water.

As I was drinking my water, I looked at Declan sleeping and I felt happy. I'm glad that he's slowly letting it all go.

He even told me that it's been awhile since he gets a good sleep. He's a light sleeper and I know he always been like that because he has to be on alert. I'm glad that he's letting his guard down.

I walked back to my room and having my night skincare routine with Koda. He was sleeping on the table and I chuckled looking at this cute potato.

After that, I grabbed Koda and slept on the bed. It's been a long day and I can't wait for tomorrow.