10: DK - Tag Along The Beach

You felt the summer air hit your face, mixed with the soft sound of the crashing waves.

The sand beneath your feet was soft and you loved the feeling of sinking your toes in it. Seokmin was holding your hand, gazing at the beautiful baby blue sky. The ocean was a beautiful deep blue, sprinkled with the sparkles of the sunlight's reflection on the waves.

“This feels so good!” Seokmin said, opening but of his arms, his right hand still clasped with your left. “The breeze of the ocean blending in with the hot summer day just makes everything perfect!”

You smiled, turning to look at your boyfriend who had his eyes closed. You couldn't help but stare at his side profile, admiring his sharp nose and jawline, thin soft lips, and cheekbones, and eyes, and everything else about his face. You loved this look of his; his hair was a bit messy, flying with the direction of the breeze, and he just looked so genuinely happy, and this ball of sunshine you were staring at was your boyfriend.

“Are you happy?” You asked.

The wind was practically roaring, making it hard for him to hear you. He knew you said something but for some reason, the fact that he didn't hear what you said even though you two were standing next to each other made him laugh.

With his hand habitually covering his mouth while he laughed, Seokmin opened his eyes and turned to you. “Sorry, I didn't hear what you said, can you repeat?”

You chuckled, wondering how he could look so innocent. Even when he asked you to repeat what you asked, his eyes were twinkling.

“I asked if you were happy,” You replied.

“Hmm, happy?” Seokmin turned back to face the waves, slowly moving his feet to the left, to be closer to you. “Of course I am. When I'm with you, I'm happy.”

You smiled at his sweet, sincere words. You turned to look at him, who was now less than 8 inches away from you. He was staring at you with loving puppy eyes which made you burst into soft giggles.

“How about you? Are you happy to be here with me?” Seokmin asked, gently placing his chin on your shoulder. You kept wondering why you had to fall in love with such an attractive man. Each small thing he did was heart-wrenchingly adorable to you.

You moved his head from your shoulder with your hand and tilted your head. Today, you just couldn't stop smiling. You couldn't tell if it was because of the weather or because your boyfriend was just being so adorable on the last day of summer. Of course, it was the latter.

In a soft voice, you leaned in and bumped your forehead against his gently, your hand moving to his cheek. “I am over the moon right now, Seokmin.”

Seokmin smiled and placed his hand on the back of your head. As your foreheads broke apart, Seokmin raised his head and pressed his lips on your forehead tenderly as his hands patted the back of your head. It was just something about his touch that made you feel euphoric.

Once his delicate lips left your forehead, his hand traveled to your neck and he leaned in, ready to give you a sweet kiss on the lips, but before he could, you dodged his lips by ducking and began to run.

Seokmin was a bit confused at first, wondering why you had avoided his kiss and ran off like that. He would have been hurt if not for your healing, mischievous giggles that echoed through his ears as if there was no other noise.

Seokmin quickly realized that you wanted to play a game of tag! He chased after you, yelling with an innocent smile, “Hey!”

Running on the sand was hard and drained a lot of your energy. You thought you had run a far distance but when you looked back at the beach, you were surprised to see Seokmin quickly catching up. The chase was thrilling and your laughter from the excitement only made you more tired.

Seokmin was laughing a lot too. The moment was just beautiful, it was fun, and though he was wasting a lot of his energy, he didn't want to give up. He could tell that your pace was gradually slowing down so he took the chance and charged at you.

You were panting, trying to run on, but the hot golden sand under your feet was much more difficult to run on than it seemed. You turned back to check on Seokmin's progress only to get surprised by his arms lifting you into a bridal carry.
You let out a surprised shout and your hands reflexively wrapped around his shoulders.

“Woah, woah, woah, Seokmin!!” You already knew what his next destination would be. He was smiling mischievously and the only thing you could see reflecting in his eyes was the ocean.

“Do you want to go in there? I think you'd like some nice salt, don't you think??” His sarcastic tone was making you laugh as you kicked your feet.

You did your best to cling on to him. The sound of the ocean waves was getting closer. You shut your eyes and buried your head in his shoulder. “I think I'll pass on the salt-!”

“Oh?? I heard that saltwater is healthy for you though??” Seokmin teased. His legs were now soaked in the water and he held you out a little toward the ocean.

There was nothing wrong with getting wet a little but you didn't want to because your clothes would then need to dry and the process would be very long.

“Stop spouting nonsense!” You replied, clenching your teeth. You tightened your arms around him and Seokmin laughed, slowly getting out of the water.

“Okay, okay, I'll let you go this time.”

Gently, Seokmin placed you down on the soft sand.

“Now, what do you want to do?” Seokmin asked, dusting off the sand stuck on his legs.

You naturally walked behind him.

Without a response, Seokmin found that rather odd, and within seconds, an idea of what you were trying to do sparked in his head.

Quietly, you were about to push your boyfriend's back into the water but you were caught. Seokmin had turned around just in time to catch your hands and you in the mischievous act.

“Hey, you- seriously!” Seokmin said. He tried to walk forward but you continued to step back with a childish smile. “Come here!”

Both of you were being so immature but for some reason, it was so fun and you were laughing so much. You continued to back up but suddenly, you slipped and fell, your butt hitting flat on the sand.
Seokmin burst out into laughter and you did too. He didn't help you up, instead, he just fell onto the sand with you.

The sun was now hiding behind a cloud so staring at the sky wasn't as bright as before, when you two were playing tag.

Seokmin threw his head on the sand, tiredly lying down, and slipped his hand in yours naturally. You smiled and joined him on the sand, not caring if sand would get in your hair or stick on your clothes. With your hand in his, you just wanted to lay down.

Both of you were panting, feeling the last summer whispers blow past the tip of your noses.

Out of the blue, Seokmin yelled to the sky, “I LOVE YOU!”

You laughed, turning your head to him. “All of a sudden?”

Seokmin giggled and shrugged, you could tell he wanted to say, ‘Why not?’

Both of you laughed and he took into your arms. Both of you rolled in the sand for a bit before deciding to stop since the sand was getting in your hair and sticking on your faces.

You didn't mind getting a bit dirty. It felt like you and Seokmin had suddenly become kids, spending the whole day doing childish activities on the beach.

It was the last day of summer, after all.

Why not enjoy it to the fullest?