Episode 10

Han Joon Hwi pov

I'm so embarrassed right now, dogs have always been my weakness, I know this one was even a trained guide dog but the fear was overwhelming me.

Kang Sol A is still sitting beside me even after the blind ahjumma got off the bus. When she did I turned to Sol A, questioning wordlessly if she was going to move back to her seat but she just said "There's only a few steps left."
When we arrive at our stop I notice a convenience store across the street. "Is anyone in your family allergic to nuts?" I ask.

"No, why?"

"Wait here," I instruct my puzzled classmate and before she can reply I race across the street and into the store on the hunt for some honey butter almonds.

By the time I exit the store, Sol A is already annoyed as she is waiting impatiently by the bus stop. I cross over to her, "What's that?" she asks.

"I can't go over to your house empty-handed, even if it's just a cheap snack," I explain.

Sol A leads the way to her house and as we get on her street I look up at the street sign where I placed my security camera- Lee Man-ho broke it in one of his schemes. I need to get it replaced, I think to myself.

Suddenly, I notice Sol A tense up as we turn the corner, memories of Lee Man-ho flash through mind, I take Sol A's hand and rub my thumb over the back of her palm to soothe her, "Come on, the gamjajeon is waiting for us."

I gently tug her towards her house, "I don't know why he still bothers me," she mutters. "He's dead."
"He was a constant threat to Byeol," I remind her. "Of course he'll bother you. Come on, let's get to your house."
We go inside the building and I'm still holding her hand, I realise this as I knock on the door and hear Sol A's mother coming to the door. I quickly pull my hand away nervously and I hear Sol A chuckle.

The door opens, "Finally, you two!" Miss Shin says.

"Blame him," Sol A says. "He insisted it was necessary to pop to the convenience store."

"I bought honey butter almonds," I say cheerfully.

I hear a happy yell as Byeol comes running, "I love these!"

"Hey Byeol-ah," I say. "Here you go."
The young girl grins, "Come on, we have to reheat the gamjajeon."

"Byeol you know you are in big trouble right?" Sol A says. "Why have you been messaging Han Joon Hwi?"

"Just in case," Byeol shrugs.

"In case of what?" Sol A demands.

"Miss Shin, why don't we head to your living room?" I ask to distract the two fighting sisters.

"Call me jangmonim, Han-sobang," Miss Shin says with a happy smile. (Mother-in-law and son-in-law).

"EOMMA!" Sol A yells as she turns bright red.

"Come on, Byeol," Miss Shin says with a laugh as she leads her youngest daughter away.

"I think your mom likes me," I say smugly. "Should I start calling Byeol 'cheoje' as well." (Younger sister-in-law).

"Shut up and go eat."
"Your mom has already claimed me as your future husband," I smirk attempting to hide how I am blushing madly at the moment. "That's got to be an achievement."

"Go marry Dan," she retorts.

"No, she doesn't seem as fun," I laugh.

"Just go and eat," Sol A growns.

For the rest of the afternoon, Sol A argued with her mother about how she can't just claim someone as her son-in-law, in response Miss Shin showered me with compliments about how I am good husband material as Byeol and I sat together eating the gamjajeon and honey butter almonds like popcorn as they argued.

"Oppa," Byeol whispers. "It'd be great if you married eonni."
I put my finger to my lips, "Shush, don't let her hear you," I whisper back then smile and mutter even quieter, "I think so too."

Byeol grins happily and I continue watching the two women argue.