Episode 23

Later that same day

Han Joon Hwi pov

Kang Sol A came into the hideout with an amused grin on her face, "What happened?" I ask giving her a relaxed smile despite the headache I currently have from my current assignment. It's not hard but just looking at it is giving me a headache. I'm glad she's here, she'll take it away without even trying.

She sits down opposite me then starts telling me about what she witnessed during Professor Yang's lecture ending her fangirl-like speech with a big sigh, "I wish I had someone like Ji-ho."

What am I then? I ask myself.

"I didn't know, Sol B even ate chocolate, let alone dark chocolate Pepero," she laughs. "And she's my roommate."

"Don't do anything that'll wreck Ji-ho's efforts," I advise. "He's most probably convinced himself that it's because of their grades."

"Ooh, good point," she nods. "So no locking them in a classroom together until one of them confesses, right?"

"Wouldn't work anyway, they'd just both start studying until someone let's them out," I chuckle. "Like we should be doing."

Sol A groans then takes off her backpack to get her stuff out of it and place them on the table. Five minutes into the study session and she already begins to yawn. "Alright what coffee do you want?" I sigh.

"No get me some shikhye," she says shaking her head.

"Alright," I nod. "And can you assure me that you won't be asleep by the time I get back?"

She pauses for a second then opens her mouth to reply but I've already got my phone out and I've started dialling Jo Ye-beom who told me he was making a trip to the convenience store earlier, "Yeoboseyo?" he says as he answers the phone.

"Ye-beom-ah, are you still at the convenience store?" I ask.

"Yeah, I got here," he says. "Do you need anything hyung?"

"Yeah can you get me a can of sprite and a can of shikhye?" I request. "And could you bring it to the hideout, I'd come to you myself but I need to make sure a certain someone doesn't fall asleep when she's meant to be studying."

"Hey Sol A Noona!" Ye-beom calls through the phone. I can picture the amused look on his face. "I'll get it, hyung, see you later."

The phone cuts off, "How did he know the 'certain someone' was me?" Sol A asks annoyed.

"Because it's me on the phone and it's always you?" I suggest.

I help Sol A with what she's studying for while then Ye-beom finally arrives with our drinks, "You two having fun?" he asks.

"Yes, this section on White collar crime is really interesting," I say with a slight dry tone in my voice.

He laughs then passes us our drinks, "I charge for delivery by the way," he says.

"And there is a sanction for being and idiot," Sol A says raising her fist and starts inspecting it.

"Oh, but you get a discount today, hyung," Ye-beom adds quickly. "You too Noona."

"I'm paying for her, since she didn't actually ask," I cut him off handing him the cash. "Off with you, unless you want to study here as well."

"Nah I'm good," he says. "I'm meeting up with a sunbae for my own study session."

He leaves and we're alone again, "Did you need to threaten him?"

"Yes," she says firmly.

"It's my money," I say.

"So?"

"So it doesn't really matter if I spend a few extra won."

"And that is how money gets wasted," she says shaking her head then opening her can of shikhye.

I don't mind spending a million won on her everyday of the week, a voice in my head whispers.

Shut up, I think to myself. That sounds obsessive.

Just get her before someone else does.

I laugh at my own thought, no one else is dumb in enough to pursue Kang Sol A, she's too violent and likely to turn any guy down.

I'll buy that ring sooner or later, I promise myself. I already have her mum's approval anyway.

"Stop daydreaming and help me here," Sol A demands.

"How do you know I was daydreaming," I ask smirking slightly.

"I guessed, pabo," she responds. "Now sit back down and help me."

"Alright."