Episode 30

Han Joon Hwi pov

I can't focus at all now so I decide to go for a jog. I put in my air pods and play Run by BTS as I contemplate my thoughts.

I proposed to Kang Sol A, I have her family's approval and if she says yes, we can get married.

So simple.

But what if she says no?

Should I buy her some more presents?

Definitely a ring.

I jog passed a cafe so I head inside and order two iced Americanos. Might as well continue as normal right?

As I buy the drinks I realise Sol A is more likely to get mad that I just turn up with drinks like nothing happened after proposing to her.

Maybe that'll give me her response faster?

I can't help but feel the sly smile that reaches my lips as I exit the shop.

Kang Sol A pov

I walk to Professor Yang's office, my emotions still scattered. His no nonsense attitude helps me in these situations, not that I've been proposed to before.

I knock on the door and I hear him say "Enter."

I smile as I peek through the door "Annyeong..." I say. The professor looks up at me raising an eyebrow then I continue "...haseyo Yang gyosunim."

He nods then says "Is there a problem Kang Sol A-ssi?"

"Not much of a problem sir," I say. "Just a situation."

"Understood," he says. "Continue."

"Han Joon Hwi proposed to me," I mumble.

"Speak clearly, I don't have all day," he says sternly.

"Han Joon Hwi proposed to me, gyosunim," I say squeak.

"Okay," he says not surprised. "What complicated about that?"

"At least be a bit shocked, gyosunim," I titter. "This is personal crisis."
"Why should I be shocked over something I saw coming?" he asks.

"You could pretend you didn't," I suggest only for him to raise his eyebrow at me again.

Professor Yang sits slightly straighter, "Do you not like Han Joon Hwi-ssi as a spouse?"

Surprised by the question I stutter, "I....I.... do... but?"

"There's no buts in this," Professor Yang cuts me off. "If you wait for too long something may make the time extend longer, I am not sure if Han Joon Hwi-ssi has done his army service yet but if he hasn't, won't that delay your marriage or your married life?"

"True," I mutter.

"Does your family object to a relationship with him?" the Professor asks.

The memories of Eomma telling Joon Hwi to call her mother-in-law refresh themselves, "Aniyo."

"Will getting married to the top student of your major negatively effect your grades?"

"Aniyo."

"Is there someone else you'd like to be in a relationship?"

"Aniyo."

"Then I'd suggest you talk to Han Joon Hwi-ssi as soon as possible and accept him."

Third Person Pov

After her conversation with Professor Yang, Sol A went looking for Joon Hwi who was also looking for her with her slowly melting Iced Americano.

The find each other by the statue of Lady Liberty, they both look at each other but Joon Hwi's smile slightly falters when notices she isn't wearing the necklace.

They walk up to each other, "I got you a drink..."

"...I accept you, Joon-hwi."