Chapter 23

Damian's perspective

Yesterday I got a call from Lahiffe about Marinette, he said the liar yelled at her in front of the class about hurting a stray puppy. He also asked if I could help her look after toffee and teach them what they need to know about dogs.

I miss angel a lot, but right now I'm packing my bags. My family are fond of the two and enjoy having them stay at the manor during the holidays. Lahiffe can be protective of Mari, after all they consider each other siblings.

Father has let me take the private jet to France, but I'll have to take a car to the south of France as there are no airports close by.

~Present time~

I am 15minutes away from the manor. I have to call Lahiffe to tell him I'm close to the manor, we planned to surprise Marinette with my visit and help them expose Lila's lies. I grab my phone and call him a ring goes by and then another, the third one doesn't happen as the phone is answered. "I'm guessing you're nearly here." He says skipping introductions. "Yes 10 minutes away, what's the plan for when I get there?" I ask wanting to know how this was going to work without angel knowing I'm here.

"When you get to the manor Black will be waiting by the door, he'll take you to my room." "She calls around this time right?" He asks me and I give him a hum in response.

"Just stay out on the balcony and if she asks where you are, when you facetime tell her you went for a walk in Gotham park." "I'll get her to call you from the garden so she doesn't see you, then tell her there's a surprise in her room waiting for her and that's when you come out and surprise her, so how's the plan?" Lahiffe asks.

"Adequate." I reply. 10 minutes later I arrive at the manor. I pay the driver and make my way towards the door and as Lahiffe said Thompson the butler is waiting for me.

"Good afternoon Master Damian, how was your trip?" He asked taking my luggage from me, as we walk up the stairs. "It was alright, how have you been Thompson?" I ask. "I have been good thanks, but are you going to keep calling me by my surname Master Damian?" He asks and when he doesn't get a response he knows the answer.

"I must go check on the students but master Nino's room is to the left." With that he leaves my luggage near the door. "Thanks Thompson." I say and watch as he leaves.

I can hear the students talk downstairs and that lunch had just been served.

I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and voices. I moved so no one could see me, I looked from near the desk to see Angel and Lahiffe coming into the main area.

"Do you know where I put my phone Nino? I was supposed to call Damian around now" Angel said, looking around the couches for her phone.

Marinette's perspective

I spent most of the morning with Nino and Toffee. I hadn't realised the time till now and I might just miss my call with Damian. We didn't get to yesterday and the day before because he had some group work with other students.

I promised we would FaceTime today and I don't want to keep him waiting. Nino keeps saying we'll find my phone but I'm not so sure.

I look around and find the phone under the cushion where I was sitting a couple days ago during the movie. I might have left it there.

"Nino I found it" I say happy to finally get to talk with Dami. "Told you we would find it, why don't you call him from the garden and show him Toffee, I bet he would love to meet your new puppy" Nino said with a smile. I thanked him for the idea and went downstairs to the garden and past the class as they were eating lunch.

Third person

"Has she gone down?" Damian asked, slightly coming out of his hiding spot. "Yep" he replied, popping the 'p' "You should get your phone out and go sit at the balcony she's about to call you." He nodded and walked onto the balcony and waited for her to call.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the wait, I haven't been on Wattpad since two days ago when I thought I had posted this chapter but turns out I clicked save instead of publish so it was left as a draft.

Also I wanted to let you know today I read on book that I read that there is a website known as Teenfic.net that has been stealing stories.

I looked up my username and all my books that I had posted were there and copied word for word

I looked up my username and all my books that I had posted were there and copied word for word. I just wanted to say my work is all original (except for my meme book) and that I only post on Wattpad. This is a link for a petition against it https://www.change.org/p/ivan-yuan-shut-down-teenfic-net

Anyway, I want to end this chapter on a happy note, so I found a Daminette meme.

 Also I'm thinking of doing a Daminette December book this year, but I'm not sure if I should do it

Comment & vote :)