Imagine: Dancing with Legolas in the rain

Tears fall freely down your cheeks as a cold breeze blows against your exposed skin, making you shiver. You don't know how long you've been sitting on the freezing  ground until rain starts pouring onto your face, mixing with your tears.

You hear his footsteps before you see him, not bothering to look when he lowers himself to sit beside you. 

"You are going to get sick, meleth nîn." Legolas says gently.

You still don't look at him, you don't want him to see your red puffy face. But you can feel him staring at you. 

Legolas puts a hand to your chin and turns your face to him. "Don't nall-, nin mel." (Don't cry, my love.)

Your heart aches just at the sight of him. How can such a perfect being exist, to offer his unconditional love, time and time again? You want to take some of the burden off of your shoulders and to share it with him; to allow yourself to breath. But you didn't want to anchor to him if it meant the both of you drowning. 

He stares at you for a moment in the prolonged silence, as if in thought, before suddenly getting to his feet. You look up at him, confusion on your face.

He offers a hand to you. "You don't have to say anything, just dance with me."

You send him a doubtful look before giving him your hand, a soft smile on your face. "But there's no music." You tell him, pointing out the obvious.

Legolas grins at you. "We don't need music to dance." He says. "Come."

He pulls you to the center of the courtyard and looks down at you. You put your hands on each of his shoulders as he moves his hands to grasp your waist, pulling you close.

You immediately fall into a soft dance, holding each other near before you pull him closer. Your head is now resting on his shoulder, basking in his scent. You feel his hands wrapping around your back as he hugs you back. 

You should be cold. Your clothes are wet, your hair dripping as the rain continues to pour relentlessly. But in Legolas' arms all you feel is warmth. 

You pull back to look into Legolas' eyes. "Im mel cin. " (I love you.)

He smiles warmly as he meets your stare. Legolas draws nearer to you, coming to brush his forehead against yours. You sigh and lean into his touch, both of you closing your eyes as you continue to sway.

You can still feel the rain dripping down your bodies, leaving a cold wet trail, but everything soon fades into the background until Legolas is the only thing in your mind.

All your problems slip from your conscious, allowing you to fully immerse yourself in the moment.

Although your burdens are far from gone, you can't bring yourself to care any longer. 

Legolas was here now. And everything else can come after.

(This is a short imagine for you guys as I continue to work on the multiple drafts I have planned to get to you soon, which are way longer. Get ready!)