Imagine: Slightly angsty confession

If someone had told you a couple months ago, that you would befriend the arrogant prince of Mirkwood, you would have laughed in their face. But now, as you catch the ice-blue eyes of Legolas, you find your heart beat increasing at the sustained eye-contact, face flushing into a bright red. You look away from the prince quickly, opting to look at the rather interesting ground instead.

It was true that your relationship had improved from barely contained resentment and glares, to being friends. But it had bloomed into something even beyond that in the past weeks. You found Legolas giving you soft touches, sharing reassuring and comforting words and giving you gentle smiles (which you have grown to fall in love with), every time you met his eyes. 

You move a hand to your lips, remembering the time when Legolas had grazed his thumb over them after you had accidentally bit your lip so hard it started to bleed. 

You blink, removing your hand and looking up from your sitting position on the ground to see Legolas walking towards you, a hint of a smile tugging at his lips.

"Are you alright?" He asks, kneeling in front of you.

You smile warmly, chuckling softly. "Quite. Why wouldn't I be?" You answer, subtly leaning into the warmth his body emitted.

Legolas returns your smile. "You seem to be lost in thought."

You tilt your head, a sparkle in your eyes. "I was." You admit.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Oh, just about how I'm going to beat you when we spare."

Legolas sighs playfully and stands up, offering you a hand. "Fine, keep your secrets. It's your turn anyway."

You grin cheekily as you grab his hand, letting him help you up. Both of you make your way to the circle and stand at opposite ends, getting into fighting stances. 

You hold out your fists in front of your face, mirroring Legolas' movements as he begins to stalk around the edge. Legolas is the first to move, lunging at you. He goes to swing his fist but you duck and side-step, grabbing his extended arm and twisting it behind him. You press your chest into his back to lean into his ear. "You're slow." You whisper.

You regret your words as soon as it leaves your mouth as Legolas flips the both of you. Your back meets the ground painfully with Legolas on top of you, his hands resting on either side of your head as his face is closer to yours than ever. "You're stupid." He replies cheekily at you, grinning proudly.

Your lips tighten and before he can react, you wrap your legs around his back, your hands grasping his shoulders as you flip him. You grin down at him cockily as you take in his surprised expression. However, your smile falls and your cheeks warm up significantly as you take in your rather... compromised position. Your eyes disconnect from his as you realise you're currently straddling him, your hands pinning his arms to his sides. 

You hear a soft chuckle underneath you and you meet Legolas' eyes, a questioning expression on your face. 

"Good job, (Y/N)." He says slowly. "Though you seem just as surprised as I am." Legolas smirks and raises a brow knowingly. 

You glare at him and rush off of him, dusting your knees 'distractedly', ignoring his penetrating gaze. "Shut up." You grumble.

"What?" He cries defensively. "I was complimenting you... no matter that your victory seemed like pure luck." He adds the last part underneath his breath, teasingly.

You straighten up and narrow your eyes playfully, crossing your arms against your chest. "If that was supposed to be a 'compliment', it was pretty shit." You retort. "Though, I'm not surprised."