Imagine: Legolas catching you running away and helps you

You clutch your fist tightly, trying to ease your nerves as you look around the forest. You stand in an opening, not knowing with direction to go. The forest seemed to look the same as it did hours ago, and you were no longer sure you had made any distance at all. You turn to look behind you and strain your ears, trying to hear any noises that indicates they were following you.

You heard nothing but the gentle breeze blowing, rattling the flush green leaves all around you, as well as chirping crickets in the distance. The sun was beginning to peak through the horizon, a bright orange seeping through the blackness of the night sky like ink. The low sunlight passed through the gaps of the thick branches of the trees, the leaves glimmering in the light. If you were not so frightened, you would stop and admire the beauty of this forest, for it certainly enchanted you as much as it did unnerve you. You saved this moment in your mind and promised yourself to admire it later.

You advance forward, returning to the darkness of the trees and quickly pick up pace to a run. You swiftly make your way through the forest, ignoring the searing pain in your tired muscles, as you've been running since the middle of the night. The tightness in your throat has become almost unbearable by the time you stop and heave, hunching over your knees and taking deep, ragged breaths. 

You're still hunched over, eyes tightly shut, when you hear a noise behind you, startlingly close. Your breath hitches in your throat and your blood turns cold. Without turning around, you break out into a sprint. The noise was so subtle it could've been the wind, or perhaps a small animal, but you didn't want to take any chances. 

You've been running for a short while until you hear something again, a more defined noise. You instantly pick up place and dare to look behind you, seeing nothing but more trees. You turn around and abruptly stop. But not quickly enough as your momentum sends you crashing into the object directly in front of you. 

You quickly step back in horror and see the said object you ran into, looking at you intensely, half of his face obscured by the shadows of his hood. You let out a startled cry and turn to try to run away but he grips your hand tightly in his own. 

"Please let me go!" You cry to him, a wave of terror washing over you. "Don't send me back!"

Your captor doesn't let go, but doesn't move at all. After a slow moment, he lifts his free hand and you flinch away, thinking he's going to hit you or reach for a weapon. Instead, he lifts his hood and lets it fall to his back, revealing a rather confused elf with platinum-blonde hair.

"Don't send you back where?" He asks, rather bewildered. "Why are you crying?"

You reach a hand to your face, hastily wiping away the falling tears. You don't respond.

The elf furrows his eyebrows. "I'm not taking you anywhere, do not worry." He lets go of your hand. "Is someone following you?"

You nod hesitantly. The elf looks over in the distance behind you, before meeting your eyes again. "Are you hurt?"

You shake your head and stare at the elf with wide eyes.

He raises a hand gently towards you. "I am prince Legolas of the Mirkwood realm. What's your name?" 

You stare at his hand for a moment and go to respond when a sudden noise from behind you alarms you, causing you to jump away, terrified that all this was a trap. Legolas instantly grabs an arrow and equips it to his bow, pointing it in the opening in the trees. You look up at his tall figure in shock of how quickly he reacted as he stands in front of you protectively, before looking back at where the noise came from. Time seems to freeze as you both stare in silence, waiting for the worst to pop out of the bushes. 

Suddenly, another noise is heard and a creature jumps out from the protection of a nearby bush. A rabbit. 

You feel your cheeks heat up and Legolas chuckles softly, who is now standing beside you. You look to him and answer his earlier question. "(Y/N)." You say softly.

Legolas smiles gently. "Well, then (Y/N), I'm on my way back to Mirkwood, if you'd like to accompany me? I can assure you will be very well looked after."

You stare at him for a moment and consider it before touching his outstretched hand and feel as his long, soft fingers wrap around yours securely. In the safety of his presence, you let yourself relax and be at peace. Maybe this could be your new beginning.

A/N: So this was a short one (or at least a short one in my standards). I hastily wrote this as I'm currently having trouble with the ideas I planned to write and publish. I hope you liked it, and please message me with anything you want me to write and I'll be happy to write it :)