Imagine: Having a panic attack

You stare down at your hands that were stained a deep red. The thick ruby liquid drips from your open palms and in between your fingers and you find yourself not being able to look away, panic beginning to settle. You don't realise you're hyperventilating until you notice your hands were shaking uncontrollably.

Tears start to cloud your vision as you choke on a sob, still looking at your outstretched hands, not knowing what to do. You're still starting at the bloody sight, unmoving until a hand on your shoulder violently snaps you out of your trance. 

You jolt your head up, looking at the person in front of you with wide eyes. Your vision slowly unblurs to reveal a worried Legolas, both his hands now grasping your shoulders. His mouth was moving franticly, and it takes you a moment to realise he was saying your name. 

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), what happened? Are you okay?"

Tears well up in your eyes as you shake your head in answer to him, unable to speak.

Legolas frowns at you and follows your gaze as it lowers back to your red hands. He quickly takes your hands in his own, grasping it tightly. 

"(Y/N), you're worrying me. Could you please tell me what happened?"

"I- I... I killed- I... I don't know what happened." You look up at Legolas desperately, who was looking at you patiently as he waits for you to continue. You suck in a deep breath. "One second he was attacking me, the next, I'm covered in his blood." You barely manage to finish before you break out into a sob.

"Hey, it's alright. You didn't do anything wrong." He tries, but can tell you don't believe him. 

He lets go of your hands and wipes his own on his trousers. He takes your face in his warm, calloused hands. "(Y/N), listen to me." He says as you stare into his bright blue eyes. "You did what you had to do." 

You shake your head, muttering 'no' over and over again. "I still killed someone. I took someone's life..." You whisper hoarsely.

Legolas brings your attention back to him and comfortingly brushes his thumb against your cheek. "Look at me. Just look at me, okay? Can you do that for me, please?"

After a moment you nod hesitantly and do as he says. 

"You're going to take some deep breaths in, okay? Let's do it together."

After you watch him inhale slowly, you do the same, never breaking eye contact.

"Good." Legolas says, smiling gently. "You're doing amazing. Now slowly exhale."

You do as he says, your breath shakily leaving you. 

"Good job. We're going to do that a couple more times. Can you do that for me?" He asks softly.

You nod to him, and after a few long moments your heart rate returns to a normal level. 

You stare at Legolas. The events play over in your head as you begin to come to terms with what happened. Tears cloud your vision and Legolas instantly wraps you in a hug. 

"Oh, what have I done?" You cry into the embrace.

"It's okay... everything's alright." He whispers into your ear, softly rubbing your head with his hand. "I've got you." His other wraps around your back, allowing you to bury your face in his neck. 

After a while, your crying stops but neither one of you let go. You bask in his warmth, allowing his scent to ease your nerves. 

Legolas places a gentle kiss to your shoulder. "You're okay...I'm here."

And his comforting words were enough to make you start crying again.

A/N: Guys?? I'm so sorry it took so long to get another chapter up but I never seemed to like where all my stories went. Also, have you guys watched the new Spider Man movie?? I watched it the day it came out with a couple of my friends... and guys... TELL ME WHY DR STRANGE IS SO HOT??! Like please tell me I'm not the only one. He's always been hot, but he was extra fine in this movie. 

Anyway, as always, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll hopefully update soon :)