Sudden hellos (modern au & fluff)

The door chimes open sounding that a new Customer had come in, I glance to the doorway to see a raven-haired male walk through the entrance before glancing at me and walking towards the counter, "Hello, welcome to the coffee shopé, what would you like?" He pauses for a moment before speaking, "Just a black coffee please, that'll be all."

I smile at him before focusing my gaze onto the register, "That's gonna be 3.99!",, He hands me the money with a hint of a smile on his face before walking back over to a table to wait.

After I take a few more people's orders I begin to work on the drinks, carefully preparing them with each movement, I glance over at the tables to see the same raven-haired male staring at me, noting it only as a friendly gesture because many other customers had done it before I smile back at him and continue on making the drinks.

After I had finished making them I moved them over to a side counter where they could be picked up by the customers, slowly but surely they made their way up the counter and one by one grabbed each of their drinks until there were only a few left, the remaining customers lingered for a while before leaving shortly after.

The sun had begun to set now and the only person left in the store was the raven-haired male whom he hadn't even gotten a name for, I mentally criticized himself for not thinking of asking that before but tried to reason his actions, he was so busy with other customers he hadn't gotten the chance to talk with him or even remotely have a conversation with him all that much.

As he made his way out from behind the counter he glanced over at the male who seemed to be reading a book gripping his cup as he did so, I walked up to him a bit nervous but shook the feeling off, "Hello!"

The man flinched and looked back at me taking his gaze off his book and onto me, "ah I'm sorry I lost track of the hour" he said as he looked around the empty store, "would you mind telling me what time it is?"

  I nodded and took out my phone from inside my pocket and checked the time on the lock screen, "5:37, although it does seem to get darker faster at this time of month, doesn't it?" I said as I glanced outside the windows trying to make conversation.

He paused, "It does seem so,," I smiled at him trying to get rid of the tension in the air, "So, what's your name?"

"My name is Kazuha!" I grin brightly as his eyes follow me, "soo what book are you reading?" I say, hopeful as to try to initiate small talk with the raven-haired male; "Ah.. um its an autobiography.. its still very interesting though.

"That's nice!.." I clear my throat, the awkward tension still hanging in the air, "Ah.. so what do you say about.. well um.. getting coffee sometime?.. not here of course.. haha" I chuckle awkwardly. 

"I would.. love that.." he looks up and smiles at me sheepishly

"All alright then it's a date!" I smile, then realizing what I just said, fumble over my words, "ah-no I didn't mean it like that.."

He chuckles,

"Its a date." he says smiling.

I smile back, the tension floating down from the air onto the floor, "so it is." I say, walking back to my stationary position at the cash register, feeling lighter than ever.