painted roses (DetectivexKiller AU & smut)

Before we start this fic I would just like to say that the tws in this are: descriptive murder/gore, please continue at your discretion.

 also thank you all for 40k views! I haven't touched this fic in a while but I hope you all love this long-awaited chapter! <3

(All creds to story idea go to banapshaa on insta go presave their latest books/buy!)

_______Words:_1787____________________

Detective Kaedehara Kazuha known as kazuha to friends and colleagues, stared down at the lifeless body sprawled across the crime scene. The room felt heavy with the weight of something sinister, and the victim's lifeless eyes seemed to plead for answers. 

As Kazuha examined the body, a chill ran down his spine, as he stared longer the pieces began to align. 

Kazuha.

The realization hit him like a freight train. The letters spelled his name. His full name, no less. Dread gripped his gut and for a moment time seemed to stand still. 

"Kazuha, you alright?" his partner asked, concern etched on his usually stern and serious face.

"Yeah," Kazuha muttered, his mind racing. "Just a weird coincidence, right?"

But deep down, he knew better. Coincidences didn't etch a person's name into a corpse. As the investigation unfolded, Kazuha couldn't shake the feeling that the killer was playing a sick game, one that hit uncomfortably close to home. 

The days passed, each step revealing more cryptic messages that seemed to taunt him. He struggled to maintain his composure, wondering if every turn of the investigation was leading him to a darker truth.

His friends and colleagues caught on to his strange and unusually strained behavior. "Kazuha, you've been on edge lately. What's going on?" Someone would ask

"Just work stuff," he'd brush it off, trying to mask the rising unease. 

But the truth loomed, and as the letters continued to unravel, the weight on his shoulders became unbearable, weighing him down as if he was trying to stay afloat with weights on his limbs, holding him down in an almost endless cycle, it became undeniable. Was this a vendetta? He hadn't done anything, that he'd known of- to anyone of that sort; A twisted game of cat and mouse orchestrated by someone who knew him well? 

As he grappled with the unsettling mystery, Kazuha couldn't help but question his own vulnerability. The hero, usually in control, found himself entangled in a web of letters that spelled out his own name, a chilling reminder that even the strongest could be laid bare by the shadows of the past. 

The investigation was far from over, but with every step, Kazuha felt the walls closing in. The letters on the corpses whispered a haunting truth- one he couldn't escape.

They lay unburdened and bloody,  almost taunting him, how at peace they look as they lay, Kazuha had been so unfamiliar with the sight of peace, it seemed almost cruel as to mull over the thought so easily. 

 murder, robberies, assault, it's as if the whole city was eating itself from the inside out; as if every crime inflicted sank him deeper into the trench from which he could not be saved.

But he had to try, if not for himself then for who? he needed to catch this bastard, this cocky bastard.

_________

"I hide in the shadows; I survive.-

I stalk, I prey, I hunt, I kill, I survive.-

I do all of it to survive.-