Jelly Scara (angst to fluff)

As Scaramouche paced the floor of their hotel bedroom, he wondered where his lover might be; As they'd both been staying in Liyue for quite some time now, he had wrongly assumed that their expedition would end shortly after arriving, traveling back to his homeland, inazuma.

But no, the white-haired male always seemed to elude him whenever he needed him most, he had been gone for god knows how long, 'What could he be doing?.. Theirs not much to see in Liyue exept for the occasional opera or sightseeing trail, so what could be holding him up?' He wondered, as he mentally bargained with himself on what to do, so as to not act rashly he concluded; He had to see what Kazuha was up to.

As he exited their hotel the sun caught his eyes almost immediately, god he forgot how sunny it could get.. 'Never mind that now, focus on Kazuha.' He said, mentally berating himself for digressing from his concern so quickly.

As Scaramouche walked the streets of Liyue he caught sight of a white-haired male walking with a blurry figure, as his eyes couldn't make out who it was from so far away, he couldn't make out any special factors in their appearance that would make them 'stand out' in any way.

Tailing the duo, he crept up behind them, and it was.. Kazuha?.. and a.. girl..?

'A brunette to be exact, looked moderately young maybe in her early 20's?' He thought to himself, still tailing the couple.

As they walked together he could feel his chest get tight, He could hear them talk, the girl laughing as if uncontrollably, at every remark Kazuha made. Every joke, everything practically seemed funny to her when it was spoken out of his mouth.

And he was.. smiling?.. Scaramouche saw a flicker of light in Kazuha's eyes as he glanced at her, his chest continued to tighten, an empty feeling in the back of his throat made its way up to his eyes, tears began to build.

He couldn't take this anymore he needed to leave; To get out of this situation.

As he turned to run the couple stopped, Kazuha looking back as if trying to walk the other way, saw the raven-haired male bolt down the walkway.

Before the Woman could even get a word in Kazuha stopped her, "I..I'm sorry miss I have to go, it was lovely chatting with you!" He said smiling, but a gleam of worry obvious in his eyes, as he bolted off after him.

As Scaramouche ran tears spilt from his eyes, he ran and ran until he could feel his heart beating out of his chest and instinctively collapsed by a nearby tree, laying his back down against the trunk trying to catch his breath as tears adorned his cheeks.

As Kazuha caught up to him he could tell something was off,

"Scaramouche..?" He spoke in a hushed manor, as if trying to push his words out before he had the time to form them, panting in between each pause, trying to catch his breath.

"Go away.." Scaramouche replied wiping his eyes with his hands as he put his head in-between his knees.

"Please listen to me.. okay?.." Kazuha spoke, walking over to Scaramouche trying not to upset him any more than he currently was, he continued,

"I'm not sure what you thought you saw, but that was Xingqui's business colleague, he wanted me to get acquainted with her while he was away on family matters, I owed him debt so I decided to do it, as well as take over some of his work while he was away..." Kazuha paused to look at Scaramouche, "baby... I'm sorry if I upset you.." He said reaching out a hand to brush away a hair in front of Scaramouche's face.

"I.. it's okay... I'm sorry for assuming I just.." He said, pulling his head up out of his knees turning to look Kazuha in the eyes. "No, it's my fault I should've told you, I'm sorry.." Kazuha said, hushing the man's doubtful thoughts.

"I love you.." Scaramouche spoke softly, a weak smile appearing on his tear-stained face, "I love you too, always." Kazuha spoke, cupping Scaramouche's face in his hands as he kissed him.

As Kazuha broke away from the kiss he spoke, "Do you want to go back to the hotel, baby? It's getting late.."

Scaramouche shook his head, "No.. could you please play some of your music for me..? I want to rest here.." the raven-haired male said as he laid his head down on the others lap, as Kazuha nodded he picked up a leaf from off the ground and pressed it against his lips, creating a mellow harmony soothing the male beneath him to sleep, and soon Kazuha joined him, both embraced by the sunset, and by the others love.