9

🌀

Yuki blankly stare at the object in her hands. It's a blue necklace. It was her necklace, she found it in their old home on the mountain. She secretly go there to visit her mother and her younger siblings graves without Tanjiro and Nezuko knowing.

She always used the necklace when she was a human, before she got sick, almost died. She is thankful that Himari saved her. But her being a demon was never crossed her mind. She can't imagine that if Muzan was the one who turned her into demon, she would eat humans and it's really disgusting to her.

Maybe Tanjiro would kill her without second thoughts, maybe. Just maybe because Tanjiro is not the type of person would killing demon without feeling bad or sad. After all demons got sad and dark pasts. So she could guess that Tanjiro would feel sad.

"No one really want to become a demon, they were just desperate to live, continue living but as a demon." She mumble quietly to herself

She heave a soft sigh and jump onto the roof and sit there under the night sky. She look at the necklace again and smile. All her past memories flash in her mind.

She was just a sick girl that love to play around with Tanjiro and Nezuko. But what happened now? She's a demon that would kill another demon without second thoughts but also look at those demon with kind but sad eyes after she killed them.

"Nee-chan..?" Tanjiro call out for her softly

The younger boy carefully sit beside her on the roof. She had no idea how can Tanjiro would know she's on the roof but that's not really important now. At least she's not alone under the night sky right?

"Nee-chan, are you alright?" Tanjiro ask

"Yeah." She respond and nods her head

Tanjiro turn his head to look at her, he could smell the sad scent coming from his sister. It's the right choice to accompany his sister tonight. Maybe she needs someone to talk to. Tanjiro thought to himself and smile slightly.

People see his sister as a demon that stronger than Muzan but he knows that there's something that his sister hides from them all. Her past. He don't really remember but he do remember that his sister always get sick and got weak body. She can easily get sick back then which makes him and Nezuko feel sad for her.

He totally understand why Daimao-sama turned her into a demon. Daimao-sama wanted for his sister to live a long live. There's no another way to help her other than turning her into a demon but he's glad that there's two different species of demons.

Demons that need to eat human to survive which he hate the most and demons that don't need to eat human to survive. Daimao-sama told him that they only need to drink a little bit of blood in order to survive.

He's thankful that Daimao-sama saved his sister. He doesn't want for the older to leave them again. If his sister leave them, he would break down again. He only have Nezuko before Yuki came back to him and help him.

He doesn't want to resent the older as he understands why the older left him and Nezuko for awhile. At least their sister is alive and back to them right? He smile at the thoughts and side hug the older female.

"Thank you for coming back nee-chan .." he mumble happily

Yuki widening her eyes at the sudden speech. She smile softly and return the side hug. She knows how Tanjiro suffering. She felt bad and afraid that Tanjiro and Nezuko would not forgive her but she's totally wrong after showing up before them.

Her siblings are too kind for her. Too kind for the cruel world. No one deserves both of them, not even herself. She always feels that she's a bad sister to them both. She would try to change herself to make herself better though. Make herself a better sister for Tanjiro and Nezuko. 

"Nee-chan.. are you sad?" Tanjiro ask silently

Yuki look at the younger with shock expression on her face. She almost forget that Tanjiro is so keen at smelling emotions, human and demon scents.

"Not really Tanjiro, it's just about the past. It's sad but happy too." She said smiling kindly at the younger

"Nee-chan.. even if you are a demon, me and Nezuko would not left you out. You are our sister. You the only one that we have. Even though those red eyes look angry and full of hatreds sometimes but I know nee-chan is a kind person! No.. a kind demon!" Tanjiro said smiling

"Thank you Tanjiro.. thank you for accepting me as your sister even though I'm a demon, I'm no longer a human like I used to be." Yuki whispers, loud enough for Tanjiro to heard her

"Tanjiro, remember one thing. Even though demons in this human realm eats human, not all of them wanted to become demon. Maybe they turned into demons because of their sad pasts, sickness that could cause death or maybe they were forced to be one. Become a demon for them is not easy at all." Yuki said while looking up at the full moon

Tanjiro look at Yuki and nods his head. He will remember that. Demon was once a human. But they must kill them. They are bad and menace to the society even though demons are not really known.

"But easy to kill human right?" Shinobu ask, showing up out of nowhere

At least that's what the two siblings thought because they don't even notice when Shinobu is there with them.

Yuki can sense that under Shinobu's smile, only fill with rage and resentment.

"You are angry because one of them killed your sister now?" Yuki ask which making Shinobu startle and shock

"Yuki-san, how did you know?" Shinobu ask

Yuki smile and sigh,

"Usually people who joined demon slayer corps is because of their family were killed by those demons. I know every hashira's past only by looking into their eyes. Their pasts really sad, just like Sanemi, Giyu, Muichiro, Obanai and you.. Shinobu."

"I wish I can't see others pasts, at least with their consents to see it but I had no way just to see it and feel their pain." Yuki continue and smile softly at Shinobu

"Yuki-san, you can see everyone's past must be hard right? You can see their pain. But no one can see your past. I bet it must be sad for you too." Shinobu said

"Yeah, it's kinda sad." Yuki mumble

"Don't worry Shinobu-san, I will help you to get revenge on your sister. I hate Douma too, he almost kill Muichiro two years ago.." Yuki said sighing

"Yuki-san, maybe I know who is Muichiro to you? I know you saved Muichiro two years ago but I don't think that's the only thing." Shinobu ask, looking at Yuki

Yuki stay silent for awhile and smile softly.

"I know Muichiro even when he was a kid. He always play around with his brother, Yuichiro. I still remember that time I was down the town, I saw both of them got hurt so I decided to help them and sent them back them back to their house. I was just mere 16 years old girl back then but I thought to myself I must help them even though they are totally stranger to me. And after that Daimao-sama turned me into a demon when I'm 17 years old" Yuki said

Shinobu nods her head and smile,

"Yuki-san is so kind, but may I know how old are you right now Yuki-san?"

"I guess I'm older than all of the hashira. I'm 26 years old now. I know, big age gap with Tanjiro and Nezuko." Yuki said, chuckling

Shinobu turn to look at Tanjiro and chuckle lightly.

"Tanjiro-kun is 15 years old this year right?"

Tanjiro nods his head as a yes. It doesn't matter to him, his 26 years old sister is mature and could take care of him and Nezuko is enough.

"It's feel really nice to have a nice talk to Yuki-san tonight." Shinobu said with a smile

🌀