05| ᖇᗴᗩᒪ ᒪIᖴᗴ

It was 8:30 in the morning when Adelaide was woken up by her home's doorbell ringing throughout the otherwise quiet house. Slowly, she struggles out of bed, putting on a robe and walking to the front door.

"Who is it?" she asks groggily and hears a chuckle in response.

"It's me, Del. Joseph," she hears from the other side and opens the front door to be greeted to his smiling face...and two takeaway coffees in his hand. She smiles at the coffee cups and asks, "is one for me?"

"Sure is," Joseph replies as he hands her a cup and walks into the house, "got your special order so you wouldn't get mad at me for waking you up so early."

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" Adelaide jokes as they both settle down on one of her living room couches.

"Rough night?" Joseph asks as he points at the multiple papers scattered all across the table.

"Yeah, international paperwork sucks," she responds while sipping on her coffee, "also, I'm in no mood to cook right now so if you haven't had breakfast already, we'll have to go out and grab a bite."

"Or," Joseph interrupts, "I could make us both some breakfast while you freshen up and probably finish packing," he says as he points at the half open suitcase placed at the end of the hall.

"Okay, now I officially couldn't have loved you any more," Adelaide states with a chuckle and Joseph chuckles along.

"I'm sure I'll find some way to make that happen," he jokes back as Addy gets up and heads to her room while he organizes all the papers in a pile and heads towards her kitchen.

About half an hour later, Adelaide steps out of her room and is greeted by the divine scent of something cooking in her kitchen. She walks in to see Joseph flipping pancakes on a pan while wearing her personalized comic-print apron.

"Cool apron," she jokes, making her presence known as Joseph turns around and smiles at her.

"Found it freshly packed in one of your cabinets. You weren't lying when you said you don't cook, huh?"

"Nope I don't. Mostly I eat out or at a friend's. Sometimes if I'm being too lazy, I just call Seb to come over and make me something," she shrugs.

"And he just does?" Joseph asked with a raised brow as Adelaide nods.

"Yep almost always does. Unless he has other plans. It's our thing, I help him with his grocery shopping or any other shopping actually and he helps me out with cooking and other stuff that I hate."

"That's awfully nice of him," Joseph states as he places a plate of pancakes on the kitchen counter before her.

"Hm sure is. But come on, how could you say no to this face?" Adelaide says sarcastically as she looks at him with puppy eyes and he just smiles fondly at her before taking the seat next to her as they both dig into the breakfast before them.

"So do we need to film these 'flashbacks' before you guys start filming the initial season?" Adelaide asks later as she sits on a kitchen stool, drying the dishes Joseph was washing and handing her.

He nods, "yeah. Something about outlook, I don't know. Since you have the busier schedule right now, tell me when you're free and I'll just accommodate my schedule according to that."

"Well, I'm gone the next two months, unfortunately. But afterwards, I'll be here for a month with the Comic Con panels plus it's Robert's birthday and he'd disown me if I ever missed that," she jokes.

"Sometimes I forget how close you are to the Marvel Bunch."

"Trust me, sometimes I do too. It's like a fantasy, you know? I literally grew up reading all these comics and now I'm friends with most of the cast that play these characters, it's crazy where life has gotten."