41| ᕼᗴᒪᒪO, I ᒪOᐯᗴ YOᑌ

12 October, 2014
The Return

Adelaide's flight had just landed at the LA airport and she felt emptier than ever. Half of the filming for Season 3 of Reign was done and when she would return back on sets, she'd be alone. Toby and Torrance wouldn't be returning for Season 4 and all their scenes for Season 3 had already been filmed in the past two months. So when Adelaide would return to sets in January, she wouldn't have her buddies beside her, the people she had started the show with, the trio wouldn't be there. It would be just her. The only consolation she had was that she would still have Rachie and Megan there, at least.

If that wasn't enough reason for her to be disheartened, the internet was being cruel about this article that a news outlet had published two days ago except for her one-sided texts to Joseph and conversation with Daniel, Adelaide had been avoiding all other calls and texts because she couldn't find it within herself to lie to everyone about how she was 'fine'. Besides, all her friends would be able to see right through her anyway.

As her and Rachel grab their luggage and walk towards the same terminal she had left him on, Adelaide finds herself reminiscing how he had promised saying, "promise I'll be right where we said goodbye when you come back, waiting for you." Adelaide plays with her snowflake necklace that she hadn't taken off even once since he had given it to her, and she catches a part of herself still holding onto hope that when she'd walk out of these doors, he'd be there waiting for her with a big smile on his face.

But alas, as soon as the automated doors open and the LA warmth brings her to reality, it's as though the winds were whispering to her about how he wasn't here. He had promised and yet, he wasn't here. And it was her fault. Just like she always did, she ruined this too.

"Heyy, there you are," Daniel's voice echoes through as she turns around to see him walking over to her and wrapping her into a tight hug, "welcome back home! We missed you."

"I miss you guys too," she mumbles as they break away from the hug, "where's Lottie and Rachel?" she asks while looking around, trying to find them.

"Oh yeah, about that. Lottie came down with a fever last night so they had to stay back," he replies as Adelaide's eyes widen in shock.

"What? Why didn't you tell me? Dan, you don't need to be here-"

"I know," he cuts her off, "but I want to be here. So, let's get these bags in the car and grab lunch, hmm? Oh, welcome back to you too, Rachie," he greets as they haul the bags to his car's trunk before driving off.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

Lunch
6:00 PM

"Oh, would you stop sulking for one second?" Rachel snaps as her and Daniel continue to gossip but Adelaide stays quiet the entire time.

"Yes, it's freaking depressing," Daniel agrees.

"Well, I'm sorry if my misery isn't entertaining enough for you," Adelaide quips sarcastically as Daniel sighs.

"Is this about him?" he asks as Rachel rolls her eyes, "of course, it's about him. It's all been about him for the past two months," she says as Adelaide shoves her in frustration.

"What?" Rachel goes on, "it's true. The first three days, she came into my room every night and cried because of how much she missed him. And then she'd cry whenever they missed their scheduled calls due to the time zone issues. And of course, the classic 'why didn't I tell him I love him?' cry. All for this asshole to now ignore her," Rachel rants as Daniel chokes on his wine at her words.