33| Tᕼᗴ 'ᖴIᖇՏT' ᗪᗩTᗴ

The girls had had a sleepover at Adelaide's the other night, causing there to be no communication between her and Joseph. Neither expected it, but even in just two days, they had developed a habit of keeping contact at all times, making it weird for them to not have talked in over 12 hours.

Joseph, not being able to take the lack of contact any longer, Facetimes Adelaide I hopes that she might pick up. "Calling...Snowflake ❄️💖" the notification pops up on his phone screen as he waits for Adelaide to pick up.

Adelaide's peaceful sleep is disrupted by her phone's ringtone going off. She fumbles across the bed before answering the call without even checking who the caller was.

"What?" she snaps with an annoyed tone.

"Good morning to you too," Joseph chuckles from the other end of the call, causing her to finally open her eyes and look at her phone screen.

"What're you doing up so early?" she asks, slowly sitting up agaisnt her bed's headboard.

"Early? How is this early?"

"It's 2AM, Jo. Of course it's early," Adelaide states in a 'duh' tone.

"Okay, you've officially lost it. It's 2PM, Del. Didn't the girls wake you?" he quizzes as Adelaide checks her alarm clock to see it was, indeed, PM not AM.

"Oh," she replies, "no, they didn't wake up. I think they left."

"Good," Joseph says, causing Adelaide to raise her brow at him.

"I mean, good thing they let you sleep," he quickly adds with a sheepish smile, "you should get up and eat something, you know."

"Hm yeah, except I have nothing here. I mean, nothing I can make."

"Want me to come over with food?" Joseph offers as an idea pops up in Adelaide's mind.

"Food sounds very appealing right now, but...what if we went out? Rachie was telling me about this new place about a 20 minute drive from here. Apparently it's reallyy good. What say?" she suggests.

"Are you sure you want to go out already?" he retorts, causing Adelaide to frown, "I mean, I have no problem with it. But the media are already publishing so many articles about us and if paps find us..." he trails off.

"I don't care," she simply replies, "all I want if food, right now. And the media just need stuff to write about. We can't hide away for them. We agreed to go on dates, didn't we?" she asks rhetorically.

Joseph thinks for a second before nodding, "alright, I'll pick you up. And when I say be ready in 10, I mean 10, Del," he teases as Adelaide glares at him through the call.

"Don't make me ditch you, JoMo," she playfully threatens.

Joseph chuckles, "see you soon, love," he replies before hanging up. Adelaide stares at her phone's empty screen for a minute, a blushed smile plastered on her face. She changes Joseph's Caller ID on her phone before getting up and walking to her washroom, getting ready for their brunch date.