28| Տᗩᑎ ᗪIᗴᘜO ᑕOᗰIᑕ ᑕOᑎ: 2014

July 25, 2014
Reign Panel, SDCC 2014

4 months. It had been over four months since Adelaide had more or less shut off from others. Of course, she did attend events and continue to work, but other than that, she wasn't the same bubbly self she used to be. She stopped leaving her house unless it was for some work purpose and most surprising of all, she even withheld from attending her friends' parties on their birthdays, as well. She barely responded to texts or answered the calls. Lizzie, Sebastian, Rachel, Phoebe, Paul and Joseph even turned back from her doorstep a few times when they'd stop by to check on her but she'd either be 'asleep' or 'outside', no matter the time. Adelaide even went ahead and took in a rescue cat and invested her time in looking over the new addition to her family.

Yet now, the moment was finally here. She could no longer avoid her friends that had been there for her at all times, through thick and thin, all highs and lows. As Adelaide prepares for the first day of San Diego Comic Con 2014, she thinks back to how different things were, this time last year and how her life had changed an entire 180 in such a short period of time.

To quickly recap, after her conversation with Torrance that night, Adelaide had called Toby to ask about his plans of returning to LA, as she wanted to do this face-to-face. But to her disappointment, he had to return to London due to some sudden family concerns he had to attend. Not being able to drag the matter that long, Adelaide broke the news to him over Facetime. Of course, it was heartbreaking on either side and Toby did request her for a second chance and whatnot, but Adelaide decided to make the tougher decision and say she wanted time to herself now, without the additional responsibilities of having a significant other to account for. In her words, "it was taking too big a toll on her and she couldn't afford something like that right now."

It definitely took some time but Toby said he understood her situation and it was his fault he let something this great slip away from his hands. The two then decided to try and stay friends, nevertheless, considering they play lovers on a show and bad blood would only make things worse for both parties. Adelaide was yet to see Toby in real since she had left NY with Rachel, back in January and today was the day they would reunite.

Today was the Reign panel at SDCC 2014 and Toby would be there. They had an exclusive interview scheduled for them by the team and Adelaide was anxious, to say the least. Today would decide whether things would be awkward between them, if they would be able to remain friends, whether they'd be able to see eye-to-eye ever again. And the cherry on top of this mess was that none of her friends were going to be there with her today. The TVD and TO panels were the next day and even Torrance was not attending the panel this year, so it was just them. Adelaide had made a mental note to herself to stick my Megan's side the entire day, but of course, they couldn't make it obvious to the media that the two exes were avoiding each other, or they'd make a mountain out of a molehill for their drama. 

With a sigh, Adelaide parks her car at the venue and sighs into the complex, immediately being greeted by the chatter of countless excited fans and celebs alike.

"Hey, there you are," she hears Megan's voice chime in from behind her as she turns around to great her with a smile, "I was waiting for you."

"Uh yeah, sorry it got late. Thanks for waiting for me," she apologizes as Megan smiles and wraps her into a loving hug.

"Anything for you, sweety."

It was another hour later when the panel was finally about to begin and Toby still wasn't here. Both Adelaide and Megan were worried. It would seem extremely unprofessional and would result in bad media if he missed his entrance on stage. Besides that, Adelaide couldn't help but think maybe it was her fault he was so late? Was he trying to avoid her until he absolutely had to deal with her again?