35| ᑕᕼᗴᗴᖇՏ! I'ᗰ ᖴOᖇᗴᐯᗴᖇ YOᑌᑎᘜ!

9th August, 2014
The 25th Birthday 🎈

The day had arrived. The day that Adelaide was equally looking forward to and dreading, all at the same time. Excited because Joseph had planned an entire day-long date for the both of them, dreading because she would have to embark a flight to Ireland and say goodbye to him tomorrow. Goodbye for two long months.

Adelaide's alarm goes off at 6 AM, indicating it was time for her to get up, but she had already been up for an hour ahead, thinking of what was to come. Of course, her and Joseph had planned to not let time zones get in their way, but regardless of everything, at the end of the day she would likely be tired from filming all day. Even Joseph was going to be filming for the third season of TO and their schedules were bound to get in the way. In all honesty, Adelaide was just trying to look for excuses to not have to leave this time, and she knew it too. But she had to go. It was her job and she knew what she was getting herself into- staying away from all her friends and family for months on end. Except this time, it felt more difficult than ever. The only consolation she had was that at least Rachel would be with her at all times, even if she had breakdowns. She was thankful that Rachel had auditioned and bagged the role of Queen Elizabeth, Mary's mortal enemy on Reign.

With a sigh, Adelaide sits up on her bed and reaches for her phone, dialing Joseph's number. After a few rings, the call disconnects without answer, so Adelaide decides to leave a voicemail.

"Hey Jo, no don't worry I'm fine. Yes, it's surprising that I'm up this early...I just couldn't sleep. Too much on my mind at once. Anyway, I'm looking forward to our day together today, call me when you get this or when you head out...I, um, I miss you and I can't wait to see you in a few hours. Bye."

And with that, Adelaide gets up and walks to her wardrobe, picking an outfit and taking a shower before her day officially started.

On the other side, Joseph replays the voicemail for the third time before sitting up on his bed with a sigh. He too hadn't been able to sleep all night. Yes, he was excited to have Adelaide all to himself today but then...he'd have to let her go for two months. Two months. 60 days. How was he going to survive 60 days without her when it had become an habit for him to be in contact with her 24/7, he wondered to himself. Joseph found himself wishing he could get his girl to stay back with him, never have to separate from her. If he didn't have filming schedules for Season 3, he would've travelled to Ireland with Addy, no doubt. But now, they both had responsibilities they needed to live up to, even if their own heart was breaking in the process of doing so.

And to add to all his worries, he wouldn't admit it to himself or anyone else, but he was scared about toby. What if seeing each other everyday again reminded Adelaide of why she had picked Toby over him the first time? What if she realized she had never looked at him as more than just a friend? What if her love for Toby resurfaced? What would he do if he lost her before she was even his? He didn't know. And he didn't want to find out.

With a sigh, Joseph replays the voicemail one last time before getting up to freshen up and drive to Addy's, to begin their daylong adventures together. He had a lot of things planned, and he only hoped he would do enough for her to remember all these memories while she was away. That he would make her happy enough for her to not look for happiness elsewhere.

༆☼︎☾︎ꨄ︎☽︎☼︎༆

6:25 AM

Adelaide had just finished getting ready and was making herself some coffee when she hears her doorbell ring. By the time she gets to the main door, the door was already opened and there he stood...Joseph, with a big smile on his face as Ranma had rushed to him and was lying lazily in his arm now.