29| ᖇᗴᗰᗴᗰᗷᗴᖇ...ᗪᖇᗴᗩᗰՏ ᑕOᗰᗴ Tᖇᑌᗴ

July 27, 2014
Sunday. The day.

The two-day trip to Disneyland was in full motion. Adelaide might not be naturally blonde, but she always joked that she was one by heart and she proved it when she began calling Joseph every two seconds since getting back home, to remind him about something they 'absolutely needed to go see', when they got there.

The plan was they'd skip the Season Ending Party at SDCC and leave for their destination at 7AM in the morning, get breakfast on the way, check-in early, explore the entire day, stay for the fireworks and return back home the next afternoon.

"Del, you up yet or do I need to get there and drag you out of bed?" Joseph jokes over the call as Adelaide groans.

"Huh, no," Adelaide lies as she sits up from her sleepy state, "I've been up for hours now."

"Yeah right," Joseph scoffs, "your voice is still raspy from your sleep."

"Whatever Jo, not everyone can be an early bird," she retorts, "I'm up now. I just need 10 minutes to get ready."

"Sure, I believe you," Joseph teases as Adelaide rolls her eyes at the same time as he says, "I can practically feel you rolling your eyes at me through the call. I'll be there in 5, get up!" he says before hanging up the call as Adelaide sighs and walks to shower and freshen up before the trip begins.

Adelaide had just gotten out of her shower when her doorbell rings, causing her to walk to the front door in her bathrobe.

"Hi," Joseph greets as he walks into the house and scans around, "what? You're still not ready yet? What happened to 'I just need 10 minutes'?"

"I still have 5 minutes for that," Adelaide glares at him.

"Alright, I'll get your bags in the car by the time you get ready," he says before noticing a duffel bag and a big suitcase by the doorway, "you're taking the entire house along with you?"

"No," Adelaide rolls her eyes, "all my stuff is in the duffel bag, the suitcase is for the gifts. It's empty now," she replies in a 'duh' tone as Joseph just stares at her before shaking his head vigorously.

"Forget I asked, it slipped my mind that you're insane sometimes," he says before picking up the bags and walking back to his car as Adelaide went to get ready.

It was another 15 minutes later when Adelaide finally stepped out of her house and got into the passenger seat of the car, where Joseph was setting up the GPS for their 2 hour-long drive.

"Five minutes, you said," Joseph mumbles as he turns the car out of the driveway and Adelaide smacks his arm playfully.

"Why're you being so whiny today? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" Adelaide jokes.

"Just nervous," Joseph whispers under his breath.

"Huh?"

"Just excited, I said," he repeats in a louder voice as Adelaide grins, "yeah me too, we'll have so much fun. So, I looked through the route around the park and I think I figured out the fastest route around there so we don't end up missing anything," Adelaide begins as Joseph smiles, listens to her adorable rambling while driving onto the highway, headed to Disneyland.

"Del, Del," Joseph shakes Adelaide awake after having stopped outside a roadside diner to get breakfast, "Del, wake up."

"Huh? What do you want?" Adelaide mumbles in her sleep.

"Breakfast, I want breakfast and you should eat something too. Being empty-stomached for so long on a drive isn't idea, now come on," he says as he holds onto her arm and tries to drags her out of the car.