14 | Morning Swim

"Mamma hurry" Zach complained tugging at Naomi's arm. Naomi just sighed and shut her bag in the locker grabbing Zach's inflatable arm bands. "Alright buddy give me your hand" Naomi took Zach's hand and lead him out of the changing room towards the pool steps.

In her teenage years back in Boston Naomi had gone swimming every morning doing at least twenty laps. That routine changed once she moved to New York due to her apartment building being no where near a pool. So she went as many times a week as she could. Which granted hasn't been Much recently. 

However the last three months Naomi had found herself coming everyday again. She couldn't give herself a reason not to go swimming everyday when the pool was literally four floors below.

With the new found convenience of a close pool, Naomi had also started bringing Zach along with her. It had always been a parenting goal of hers to teach Zach to swim fairly early on, And that meant she needed to help build his confidence in the water.

Naomi's feet stepped down onto the first step still holding Zach's tiny wrist in her hand not wanting him to run around on the slippery floor. Zach quickly did the usual routine and sat down on the first step lifting his arms for Naomi to slip his Armbands on. Did Naomi buy captain America armbands after finding out that Chris was playing the iconic superhero?...maybe.

Backing down the steps Naomi squatted in front of Zach stretching out her arms towards him. Zach smiled as he splashed his hands down into the water walking towards his mom. He took hold of her hands and let her pull him out into the pool.

Zach let out a giggle as Naomi spun both of them around dragging his legs through the water. Naomi played with Zach, lifting him out of the water and dropping him back into it Occasionally splashing him all to help build his water confidence. Which she didn't really need to build because he already was a huge water baby, getting exited as soon as Naomi mentioned going to the pool.

"Jump in momma" Zach pointed to the side stretching over Naomi's shoulder as she swam with him on her back gripping her shoulders tightly. Although the toddler spoke in broken incomplete sentences Naomi had gotten very good at deciphering what he really meant. So Naomi brought Zach closer to the edge of the pool lifting him of her back and onto the side.

Zach stood up and excitedly bounced as he stood with his tiny toes curling over the very edge of the pool. Naomi opened her arms ready for him to jump into them.

"You ready little man?" She asked him with a smile as he nodded profusely, Naomi gave him a sm countdown to three and on three Zach jumped towards Naomi his head going under the water for a very brief second before popping back up to the surface holding Naomi's arm.
He laughed loudly as he used his fisted hands to wipe the water from his eyes.

"Again again again"

Naomi chuckled lifting Zach back onto the edge. Zach repeated this sequence of events over and over again. It seemed as though he was going to go on forever, spending the rest of his and Naomi's days jumping into the pool.

The cycle was only broken when the pool door opened and a very topless Chris Evans walked in, almost instantly spotting the mother and son duo.

"CHRIS" Zach yelled through a giggle as Naomi lifted him back onto the side of the pool. The older man dropped his towel onto a bench and smiled over at the giddy child, "hey little man" Chris said back walking over to the part of the pool where Naomi and Zach were both situated.