16 | To Fast

A/n: this chapter focuses on Chris and Naomi's thoughts separately just wanted to make that clear in case anyone got confused.

A banging on his apartment door woke Chris from his sleep, rolling over in bed he pulled a pillow over his head trying to drown out the incessant banging not wanting to have to get up just yet. When the banging didn't stop Chris let out a groan and got out of bed shuffling his way down to the front door. Pulling on a sweater he had lying on the back of the couch, Chris opened the door to find his younger brother Scott stood waiting with a very unimpressed look on his face.

"Five minutes" Scott scolded pushing past Chris with his suitcase in hand, "five minutes I was knocking for"

"Sorry I overslept" Chris defended rolling his eyes at his brothers dramatics, closing the door softly behind him before taking a seat on the couch beside Scott who was slumped down. "What's got you so tired" the younger Evans asked knowing his older brother was a morning person, it was strange for him to sleep in.

"I had a date last night" Chris admitted quietly.

Scott immediately sat up and looked towards Chris. "I don't believe you. You've always been obsessed with Naomi you really think I'm gonna believe your over her?"

"it was with Naomi asshat" Chris mumbled growing irritated when Scott gasped loudly.
"Your joking tell me everything" Scott excitedly said sitting up straight. Before Chris could say anything Scott held up his hand "actually don't. let me get mom Shana and Carly on the phone they'll wannna hear this"

Chris rolled his eyes snatching the phone from Scott's hand "will you keep your mouth shut for once in your life please, I don't want them to know yet"

Scott raised and eyebrow taking back his phone and sliding it into his pocket. "Why won't you tell them? they all love Naomi, admittedly Carly said some things about her when she left and you were all sad for months but she's over that now she was just being a protective big sister" Scott rambled on when Chris stood up and poured himself a coffee he stopped talking.

"Or did the date not go well? Is that why you won't say anything" Scott asked trying to gage Chris's reaction to what he was saying, seeing if there was any truth to his wild guess.

"No, no it went well, really well actually...it's just after I kissed her-"

"YOU KISSED HER!!! Oh Chris I'm so proud right now" Scott interrupted only to be kicked by Chris making him quickly stop talking and let his older brother finish what he was saying.

"Anyways" Chris carried on dragging out each syllable, "after I kissed her we stayed at this diner and finished our milkshakes and i don't know but she seemed off it wasn't awkward or anything just felt off" Chris explained slumping back on the couch and sipping his coffee.

"Do you think something was actually wrong or maybe she was just flustered and your over thinking this" Scott reasoned trying to think about Naomi's personality and what she was usually like with men and dating,though he found that slickly difficult to do after not seeing her for a while.

But Chris wasn't having any of that, "come on. you know Naomi, when has she ever got flustered around a guy let alone. me we've been friends for forever it's not like she's suddenly going to start blushing over me" he frowned towards his little brother.

"Ok sorry it was just a theory don't bite my head off" Scott replied holding up his hands in mock surrender a small grin showing ever so slightly on his face. "But other than the weirdness do you think that you'll go on another"

Chris let out a sigh looking up at the ceiling of his apartment staying silent for a few minutes before nodding slowly, "I don't know but I hope so"