Chapter 2: Starting the serum.

The gang separated so that Skye could go get the audio with May at her side. As soon as May heard that this would be her new pup in the pack she got a bit territorial.

This was her pup and she didn't want anyone else near her that wasn't her. She didn't like how Ward's scent was surrounding the girl. It made her sensitive nose twitch.

So they went back to Skye's van in the alleyway and Skye got to work getting the audio to Fitz who was being his awkward self and fumbling over his own words.

Honestly May was surprised he didn't throw a word spiel at Skye and just decided to hang up. As soon as they were done May was about to get into the car again when she was thrown into a wall and knocked out.

Skye panicked. She felt safe around May and now that she was knocked out she didn't know what to do.

When Mike Peterson turned out to be the culprit she saw that he had his son Ace with him. Ace looked very terrified right at that moment so Skye tried to act brave.

She started getting rid of all of Mike's files for him and Ace but while she was doing that she was sending her coordinates to Shield.

Meanwhile as soon as May woke up she growled. She looked around and saw that Mike had taken Skye and she grew enraged. That was her pup that he took.

Everyone could feel the pure rage from May in the pack link and they were concerned. May hasn't gotten this way with any of the previous pups they had so they were confused.

It's because May found her pup that was specifically hers. Sometimes in wolf packs a sigma, beta, or even an alpha will find their pup. They would immediately feel protective of their pup and they'd grow attached to this pup. Melinda's wolf already can feel attached to the pup even though Skye hasn't started the transformation which means that their bond will be very strong. Maybe even on the levels of a mate bond but it wouldn't be the same. May will want to scent the pup and make sure the pup is safe and out of danger. She'll want to take care of this pup and make sure the pup has everything they want.

It's the first I've seen of this. Normally wolf packs will have their mates and some of them will find their specific pup but I didn't think our DNA was that altered to actually think May would find her specific pup, I wonder what else we could find and learn from this new bond. Peggy thought through the bond.

She made it so both packs could hear what she was talking about. May called Coulson "Mike, he took Skye." May said before she hung up. As soon as she got back to base they were off to the train station because May's pup was smart enough to send her location to the team.

When they got to the train station May looked all over for Skye. She saw Skye being dragged harshly by Mike who had a tight grip on her arm and her whole body shook wanting to transform and tear Mike's head off. Control yourself Melinda. Came the simple order off Natasha her mate and alpha.

May watched as Skye kicked a guy in the balls to get away from Mike only to be captured again. Until Mike and Skye was shot at. Then Skye ran up to the floor above May. So she ran up to that floor only to see a gun pointed at her pup.

She immediately knocked the man out and turned to see Skye looking at her in awe. Her wolf keened at the knowledge that her pup was impressed by her.

Then the science twins gave Ward a special gun filled with dendrotoxin a drug which paralyzed Mike and stopped him from blowing up.

As soon as the team filled out mission reports and each went towards their bunks May knocked on Skye's bunk. When Skye opened her door she was tackled to her bed and pinned down by May.

She was confused as May started to sniff her neck and rub her nose on her most sensitive part of her neck. May then decided to hold Skye toward her body in a spooning position but the hold was possessive.

To Skye this was new. She wasn't use to this affection but she liked it. May seemed possessive of her and she wondered why. She looked angry when the guy pointed the gun at her and she knocked him out really hard.

Skye snuggled up into May's embrace because May was so warm and her hands were so inviting as they carded through her hair.

She liked this embrace very much. In the morning she was woken up by May gently. "We should start you first round of gene manipulation soon. The process hurts a bit and you'll feel sick and that's okay. We just got to get through the two weeks of sickness and then you'll start to feel better we'll know when you should phase the first time in about a month. You'll get 14 shots of the injection one a day for 14 days. Don't worry you'll be okay." May said soothingly.

Skye felt like everything would be okay as soon as she said that. Her emotions changed from fear to that of calmness. "How'd you do that?" Skye asked. May looked at her pup confused. "Do what?" May asked. "I was really scared because I hate needles but then you told me it would be okay and my emotions suddenly changed from fear to calmness." Skye said.

May was shocked at this new development. Actually anyone who was listening and seeing what May was seeing was. I didn't expect this. Peggy said through the link. The bond it already strong, but, this is a whole new level. Changing her emotions even when she isn't a wolf yet is unheard of. Only an  Alpha can change emotions towards pack members. Clearly May is only a sigma though. We'll have to look more into it. I wonder how May will react to Skye being sick 24/7 for two weeks. Peggy thought.