Chapter 6: first phase

May explained what would happen when Skye would phase. All the bones in her body would break and rearrange until they were in the shape of a wolves skeleton. When she first transformed into her wolf she could be anywhere from 5 feet tall to 6'4 feet. 6'5 was alpha status and as head alpha Peggy Carter's wolf is actually 6'8 inches.

Mostly everyone is around 5'6 in their wolf forms. The Omega's are between  5'4 and 5'6 in wolf forms like Fitz and Simmons. The deltas which are the second lowest ranking member in the pack are 5'7 and 5'9 feet tall. The sigmas are normally between 6'0 and 6'2 feet tall and the betas are normally between 6'3 and 6'4.

It all depends on the wolf and their status.

Their is a system to tell before a wolf presents and that's based on their size. May told Skye that there were two packs and one head alpha. So three alpha's in total.

"Who all are in these packs?" Skye asked one night. "Well for the pack that you are going to join we have Natasha Romanoff as the alpha, Maria Hill as the beta, I'm the only Sigma right now there are normally two in a pack, Clint Barton, Sharon Carter, and Bobbi Morse are our delta's and Fitz is our lone omega as of right now." May said to Skye.

"Now the other packs alpha is Victoria Hand you'll meet her when we reach the hub. Her mate is her beta her name is Izzy you'd like her. Her sigmas are Samantha and a girl named Kara you two would probably get along. The delta's are two guys named Jackson and Jonathan. Her lone omega is Simmons." May said. Skye nodded.

"So there are only 7 wolves in our pack but I'll make eight and seven wolves in the other pack plus a head alpha leaving 16 wolves right?" Skye asked. "Good job pup." May said. Skye preened under there praise.

When they reached the base the level 8's went to a debrief and FitzSimmons went to the labs. Skye was met with Maria Hill staring at her. "Come on Skye. I'll take you to the wolves den. You'll meet Natasha there and then we'll get started on the claiming when May reaches the room."

They walked down the hall way towards an elevator. "I need your handprint. It's the only way to get down to the wolf level." Skye placed her hand on the scanner and waited until she was told they had gotten her handprint.

Once that was done they got into the elevator and Maria pressed level b3. Which is under the basement.

When they entered the room they were met with an enthusiastic alpha. "So you're Skye. Nice to meet you I'm Natasha I'll be your alpha I've seen you've met Maria she'll be your beta and you are completely adorable." Natasha said.

Natasha walked up to her new pup and examined her. She was the youngest wolf so far. Most of the wolves are in their mid twenties when they got the serum some of them in their thirties.

Skye was barely an adult and was only 18. She's young. Natasha wondered if this would change anything. As wolves they had tougher skin and higher body temperatures of 108°. They also are strong and fast in both forms. Their senses are sharper than that of a human which also helps them out a lot during missions.

Skye sat down with Natasha and Maria for a good 39 minutes and talked. They asked her questions that were simple. What's her favorite color or her favorite food.

She'd ask questions back. What's it like to be an avenger or how does it feel to be Nick Fury's right hand woman.

When May got into the den she hugged Natasha tightly. She nodded her head towards Maria in greeting then almost instantly she was at Skye's side making sure her scent was on her much to the amusement of the alpha and beta.

"Alright. Let's get ready. This process will hurt like a bitch. I'm being honest the first transformation always hurts. It gets easier with each try. Now what we need to do is ease you into it. Your bones will start to break in an hour so we'll keep you on the floor. Once you feel the pain let it in don't fight it. It will take longer if you do. When you are in your wolf form your wolf will want to challenge my wolf and maybe even Maria's wolf. We will fight until I claim you then Maria claims you."

An hour later

Skye's Bones start to break and she cries out. May's eyes immediately darken. She's by Skye's side and rubbing her head. "It's alright. You'll be okay." May said in a soothing voice. Instead of the full 15 minutes it only took Skye 5 minutes to let the pain in.

 Instead of the full 15 minutes it only took Skye 5 minutes to let the pain in

Skye's wolf was roughly 6'1 inches tall and she was a light grey wolf. She also had some layers of darker grey on her to.

This surprised everyone. Not that she was that tall or those colors but that she shifted so quickly. As soon as she shifted Natasha, Maria, and Melinda all shifted too.

Maria was a brown wolf with layers of russet brown in them. Melinda was also a brown wolf with hints of black in her wolf form.

As soon as they shifted Skye reacted. Skye was feeling weird. She wanted to challenge them. She also didn't want to hurt May's wolf at all. She wanted to protect May from the other wolves.

So she bared her teeth at the alpha who walked closer to claim the new wolf. The two wolves charged each other fighting. Skye put up one of the best fights against Natasha that Maria and May had ever seen.

She almost beat Natasha as well but tripped and Natasha slammed Skye to the ground. When Natasha claimed Skye, Skye yelped which caused May to lose control and tackle Natasha off of Skye.

Peggy entered the room at this time and saw what was happening. She saw Skye in her wolf form and the claim Mark on her. She also saw that Melinda and Natasha were fighting. "Enough!" The alpha command of Peggy stopped both wolves and they submitted by showing their necks.

"Maria claim Skye." Peggy ordered. Maria's wolf trotted over to Skye who didn't out up a fight with Maria and instead showed her neck. Maria bit Skye claiming her as pack and then backed off as soon as she heard a growl from Melinda.

What surprised most was that once both claiming were over Skye trotted over to May and showed her neck to her as well.

Peggy stared in confusion. Natasha and Maria were back in human form as well and standing by Peggy when this happened and was confused as well.

"I thought it was only Alpha and Beta that claimed new wolves." Maria said. "It is but this may be a different claiming. You've heard their thoughts. They want to protect each other. So maybe this is a different bond."

As soon as she said that May walked forwards and also claimed Skye. Something different happened after that claiming though. Skye's wolf gained a sandy brown color around the ears of the wolf which was one of Melinda's wolf shades. The wolf also grew a bit leaner. More fit for a fast wolf.

Peggy stared in shock at the change. "It seems that their bond is stronger than we thought. It's not a mating bond but a bond where May will be anything Skye needs at the time. For the past few weeks she's been a protector. That can change into a parent a friend or even a lover if needed." Peggy states.