Chapter 9: Repairs.

The new mission happened to be an interesting one. A women who was assumed to be a telekinetic who they needed to interview for the index.

As soon as the morning came May woke up in her pilot quarters where she had enough room for two people to live in. She looked to her right and saw Skye still sleeping snuggled into May.

Meanwhile Coulson was making rounds. He had gotten up early and was checking around to make sure everyone was awake or getting up.

He looked inside Fitz's room first and saw the young man sleeping away which was normal and he was muttering in his sleep.

Simmons was sleeping completely peaceful though she was clutching a science book which was weird but not unusual.

Ward was already awake and down in the make shift gym so he was set for the day. He made his way to the cockpit and saw May already flying the plane and he wished her a good morning.

When he got to Skye's bunk he walked in but she wasn't there. So he walked around the whole plane looking for her but she wasn't where he looked. He even looked in Ward's room.

The only other place he hadn't looked was May's room. He trudged towards the pilots room and peaked in. There in the bed asleep was Skye and she was clutching onto a pillow.

Why was Skye in May's room? He was getting a bit suspicious about all of this. First she was all buddy buddy with Maria Hill and now Melinda May? What was the pattern there.

It didn't matter he trusted Skye and apparently those two did as well so everything was all good.

When everyone was finally up they met in the meeting room where they discussed the woman.

She used to be the head of a project that built a partical accelerator that had exploded and killed 4 engineers. The towns people blamed all the deaths on her which was cruel since she lost people in the explosion and all her life's work as well.

It didn't help that she was being followed by a what they would later find out is a ghost that was trying to apologize to her so he wouldn't go to hell.

He was a bit late for that. The mission was one of their weirdest they had.

That moved onto another mission where Coulson decided that the centipede project needed to go. He brought back Mike Peterson who happened to be at a shield training facility to get his powers under control.

They fought but in the end Mike died ending the project and it affected everyone in a different way. Skye was shocked beyond belief and a bit upset. Coulson regretted bring Mike into this as his life was lost and Ward was indifferent.

The next mission was hard. Coulson had been kidnapped by centipede and the woman in the flower dress. She used a machine to gain access to his memories to see how he was revived after he got stabbed by Loki.

Victoria Hand took over the plane and had told Skye to leave it. Don't take this to heart kid. You are really adorable and a great wolf but the best way to seem like this is a normal shield operation is that you need to leave. Victoria said through her thoughts to Skye.

Skye nodded not taking offence at all but playing her part and looking shocked and hurt. Ward tried to make it so where she should stay but then they turned their attention to May. Skye I need you to find Coulson and this is the best way to do it without shield protocols. May thought.

When she was kicked off of the plane she went and got a job fixing a rich guys computer for a bunch of money and then she stole his car to go to a shack in the middle of nowhere.

It hurt her to see Coulson begging for death after he discovered Tahiti was a lie. It really did. That didn't distract the fact that he was strapped to a memory machine.

When May came to help with the bad guys Skye was relieved. She was only so good at fighting.

Their next mission for the week was an easy one. They were to go to the science academy and basically find out how the pool frosted over.

In that time Fitz and Simmons gave a guest lecture since apparently they were famous in the Science academy.

Then a boy named Donnie was encased in ice and Fitz and Simmons had to save his life before he died of hypothermia.

During this time May and Coulson were tracking down a man named Lumley who had information about Skye's past that they needed.

They found out that Skye was from Hunan Providence, China and that her village was the subject of an O-84 call to Shield. Except when Shield got there the village was massacred. Most of the agents lost their lives that day.

Over the course of a few weeks the Shield agents who were on that mission were massacred one by one until 2 were left.

Linda Avery took the O-84 which happened to be baby Skye to an orphanage where she faked a clearance level 8 to get Skye moved around every few months.

At the academy they found out that Donnie was the one who built the machine with another boy which brought the Shield team to the academy.

When May and Coulson got back after dropping Lumley off after he said where ever Skye goes death follows which was very ominous really and May had to stop herself from tearing his head off from talking about her pup like that, they went to the academy to pick up their team.

Only to find out that a machine was built to a category 5 hurricane. They had to stop the hurricane before it got out of hands.

When they finally stopped the machine that created the hurricane one of the boys had died. Donnie was taken into Shield custody and wasn't seen for some time but he had gained ice powers.

When the team boarded the plane again Coulson told Skye about what he and May had learned and she had cried.

Instead of taking the down part of the story that they didn't know who her parents were she took the good parts of the story and stated that Shield had always been her family she just hadn't known it.