Chapter 12: recovery.

The serum worked very well with wolf healing. Skye was healing within days. Her breathing tube was taken out on the third day of her recovery and finally the wolf link was back on track. The wolves could communicate with each other again which was a big relief to everyone.

Especially when Bobbi asked for updates on her mate. Within a week Skye was walking around again and within two she was going on missions.

Like the mission that Lady Sif came down to Earth for. An Asgardian named Lorelei had come down to terrorize the men of the planet.

She had this type of mind control that she used on men. The women of the plane banded together to get the men back to their own state of minds.

They battled her and won. Eventually Sif had to go back to Asgard with the prisoner but she did say that if we needed help we could always ask.

The next mission that they were on Agents Garrett and Trip were back on board the quinjet and Skye finally was able to meet them and personally thank them in their roles for saving her life.

They came to catch the clairvoyant. On this mission Victoria Hand came aboard the flight along with Jasper Sitwell and an agent named Blake.

As soon as Victoria Hand was on the plane she smelled her omega nearby along with another omega which had to be Fitz. She also smelt two sigmas but the scents were close together. Probably in the cockpit or the pilots quarters.

This mission allowed Skye to get her first level badge for Shield. Victoria was proud of the young wolf standing before her but no one else but the wolves could feel her emotions so she was happily expelling them to them.

The mission had Skye giving 6 agents into random partners who they wouldn't usually work with and then she'd give one person in the duo a name and the other person the address so no one besides Skye and the pack who were watching her first real mission as a Shield agent would know everything.

The mission was hard finding the clairvoyant. Blake had been shot at one point and rushed to surgery. They had gotten a tracker on Deathlock aka Mike Peterson.

They followed the tracker underground and finally found the supposed clairvoyant. His name was Thomas Nash and he was in a wheel chair and couldn't breath or speak by himself.

Thomas taunted the team about how he shot Skye and tried to expose GH-325. That was until Ward got angry and shot Thomas Nash killing him.

May had honestly wanted to do that, so her pup could be safe at night but Ward shouldn't of let his emotions cloud his judgement.

It wasn't right. His badge was given to Coulson as well as his gun so he could go to the review board.

When Ward later found out he shot an innocent man he looked horrified. Victoria Hand gave him the chance to shoot Garrett who they later found out was the correct Clairvoyant.

Ward shot Victoria Hand instead. He thought he killed her. The pack felt the pain of their alpha getting shot. It hurt Simmons a lot and so all the wolves on the plane laid with her all day.

Victoria battled for her life and won due to wolf healing. She was put in the wolf den so Ward and Garrett wouldn't see her. Ward then boarded the bus again with orders from Garrett.

After that mission everything was normal until Fitz found a unauthorized telephone on the bus that lead to May's cockpit.

He trusted May and knew it was for a good reason but he still had to tell Coulson and Skye.

When Coulson found out he was immediately angered. He went to May and put his icer to her head.

It wasn't a good sight to see. When Skye saw this her body started shaking violently and her hackles rose.

Fitz and Simmons had to stop Skye from tearing Coulson's head off when he shot May with the icer. She tried to explain that the phone was to update Fury on the team.

He wouldn't listen to her and it pissed the young wolves off.

Coulson was angry. His best friend betrayed him. She was reporting to Fury on his health. He watched the others reactions when he shot May to see who was loyal to her.

He wanted to make sure he knew everyone on his side and would believe in him and his decisions.

He was really surprised by the reactions. Fitz looked at him horrified that he would shoot May. He also looked and saw the hidden fury in his eyes when he looked at him.

Ward looked neutral. Like he didn't really care which was weird. It also made Coulson a bit suspicious.

Simmons looked shocked beyond belief that he would shoot May and hidden in her eyes was absolute worry for May and himself?

The biggest reaction was Skye's. As soon as he shot May Skye's body started to violently shake and she tried to lunge at him. He wouldn't of been able to see it if he wasn't looking at the glass of the lab.

Fitz and Simmons held her back tightly. It seemed that those three and May were hiding something. They all had the same secret or they're hiding different secrets that all connect together.

He knew that the reactions were intense. He now knew that even though the three trust him to do his job and lead them.... They are loyal to May more than himself.

They found out later on that May wasn't lying. She was telling the truth about talking to Fury but Fury was so dead. Coulson didn't want to believe that he was dead so he used a device Fury gave him to find a new base.

When they found the base they were met with Agent Koneig. He was a short man of maybe 5'5 if we're being honest. He took them in and led them to a room where he would take lie detector tests.

Coulson decided to watch as everyone took their tests. When it got to the wolves he watched intently. May was first. Koneig asked questions like are you loyal to shield and are you hydra?

Then he asked an important question "do you have any secrets that could harm Shield in any way?" He perked up at this question. "No, I have no secrets that could harm Shield." May replied honestly.

"So is there a secret that you have that could eventually harm Shield?" Koneig rephrased. "The only secret I have was known by Nick Fury the director of Shield and Maria Hill his second in command also knows about." May replied.

So May has a secret but the director and second in command of Shield know it? What could this secret be. The questions went on and on until it was Fitz's turn. He basically said the exact same things as May did. Same with Simmons and Skye.

"Shield is labeled a terrorist organization, why are you here?" This question intrigued Coulson very much.

"Coulson." Came May's immediate answer. "My grandfather fought Hydra back in the day." Trip answered. "We have to stick together to the people we trust the most." Fitz replied. "Honestly I don't know." Simmons replied.

"Shield is the only family I've known. I have people I rely on and people I'd risk my life for." Skye's answer intrigued him the most. People she relied on. People she trusted the most?

What could those four be hiding and was it connected?

He couldn't care right now. He had things to do.

Everyone eventually went off to do their own things. May left to gain Coulson's forgiveness. She obviously told Skye and both of them were disgruntled when Skye couldn't go with May.

Coulson, Fitz, and Simmons also went on a mission or something they needed to do in a lab.

Ward, Koneig, and Skye were the only ones left at the base. Which is when things turned ugly.