04. problems

☽ DURING MATH CLASS, the most known duo in the entire town sat next to each other

DURING MATH CLASS, the most known duo in the entire town sat next to each other. People avoided passing by them on their way to the board, as their teacher asked them to stand up to solve problems. The two girls checked their make up, their grades being the best and not having to worry about paying attention in class. People thought they got along because of their personalities, but it was mostly because of their brains. They matched perfectly, two geniuses that understood each other better than the rest. No other person knew how their minds worked.

When Lydia was chosen to go up to the blackboard along with Samuel, the duo exchanged a glance. They had created a plan to get him to play in the next lacrosse game, as he had told coach he wouldn't be joining the team. Lydia wanted the team to win for personal reasons, and Dahlia because she didn't want her father to be disappointed. They both knew how to get to him... Using his crush on Allison. With a subtle nod and wink, Dahlia leaned back in her chair, watching the plan evolve. "Why is there a rumor going around that you're not playing tomorrow?" Lydia asked Scott, both staring at the board rather than each other.

Scott, clearly tired of debating this subject with everyone, sighed in frustration and barely wrote anything, "'Cause I'm sort of not." Lydia continued to sneer at him in irritation as she quickly wrote more of her math work onto the board with her left hand.

"I think you sort of are. Especially when you brutally injure my boyfriend by ramming into him." Scott, visibly appalled, made a face as he turned to look at Lydia.

"He brutally injured himself ramming into me." Lydia ignored him completely as she continued to make her point. Her friend smirked from her seat, taking a look at Scott's problem and huffing as how easy it was and he couldn't even start with it.

"Jackson's gonna play tomorrow. But, he's not gonna be at his peak... and, I prefer my boyfriend... at peak performance." Scott raised an eyebrow, not understanding what this had to do with anything.

"Okay..."

"I date the captain of the winning lacrosse team. And, if they start off the season losing, I date the captain of the losing team. I don't date losers." She remarked.

"Losing one game isn't gonna kill anyone," Lydia, not liking this answer, returned to her work on the blackboard, and Scott's voice became softer and more quiet "In fact, it might even save someone..."
Realising that debating him wasn't a successful tactic, she decided to switch to plan B. The plan given by Dahlia previously as plan A. Lydia had tried something else, being more peaceful than her friend, but she had to take a step back and become Dahlia for a few seconds. Doing what her best friend did best. Threat.

"Fine. Don't play. We'll probably win anyway. Then, we'll go out after, like we were planning, and I'll introduce Allison to all the hot players on the team... and Scott McCall can stay home, surfing the 'net for porn." She finished her math problem with a flourish and gave him a significant look before flipping her hair over her shoulder, wiping the chalk dust off of her hands, and sashaying back to her seat, winking at her friend.