35. the rave

☽ Dahlia stood in front of her desk, closed letter in hand

☽ Dahlia stood in front of her desk, closed letter in hand. Bitting her lip, she slowly opened it. This could be it, she would be out of this supernatural mess and live her life as normal as possible. She could do it. It was possible.

Lydia and her had talked about where they wanted to study when they finished High School. They had a lot of options, and both would get into any college of their likely without a problem. Taking a deep breath, she started to read it when a knock on the door startled her.

She turned around, hiding the letter behind her back. Stiles stood by the door, nervously placing his hands inside of his pockets "Hey." they smiled at each other.

"Hi."

"Are you ready?" He asked slowly, receiving a nod from her. Turning her back to him, she took a deep breath and placed the letter under a book while he took a look at her room "Wow."

He walked further in the bedroom, going to stand by the wall filled with newspaper, pictures and all the information she could gather about the Kanima, Jackson and who could be the one controlling him. There was a picture of Matt with a red question mark.

"You made this?" He asked her in awe.

"No, my grandmother did." he rolled his eyes and she chuckled "Yeah, I did it."

"Cool." he nodded. She noticed how he wanted to ask more, and she knew what exactly.

"I want to be a detective one day," he looked at her "But my real dream is to be the next Spencer Reid at the BAU."

"That's the guy you told me about." she nodded with a shrug.

"Smart boys are hot," he rolled his eyes again. Looking him up and down, she nodded to the door "Shouldn't we go now?" Stiles nodded, both leaving the house.

Sheriff Stilinski pulled off the wrapper from a burger. But when he took a bite, he nearly choked on it "Ugh, what the hell is this?" He groaned, glaring at Stiles from across the table while Dahlia chuckled.

"Veggie burger."

"Stiles, I asked for a hamburger." he scoffed.

"Well, veggie is healthier. We're being healthy." he looked at Dahlia for help but she just shook her head with a smile.

"Oh hell... Why are you trying to ruin my life?"

"I'm trying to extend your life, okay? Could you just eat it, please? And tell me what you found." the boy said exasperatedly.

Dahlia placed a hand on his arm, making him look at her immediately "Could you please go and get me my water bottle from the car? I forgot it there." he nodded vigorously, leaving the office in a rush. She scoffed at how easily it was and took a hamburger out of her bag, giving it to Noah who threw the veggie one to the trash.