• Ethan Hunt

Ethan, if

Ethan, if....
.... you thought he was dead

Run. That's all Ethan had said to you. At first. At his instruction, however, you had not responded, so he pushed you right on towards the crowd in front of you, which started at the end of the street, as that was where the marketplace was. A step followed, a second step, but you turned back, where he said to you that you should finally go. Now.

After the two of you just looked at each other, neither of you moving or making a sound because it wasn't clear how this would turn out for either of you, you nodded with a heavy swallow and were off and running afterwards. It would end well enough. Wouldn't it?

Quickly you were immersed in the crowd; every now and then, you glanced over your shoulder and approached the port with quick but not too quick steps, so that it became noticeable.

No matter how attentive and careful you were, you were not Ethan and therefore did not notice the man who followed you from the sidewalk and then grabbed you a little later. Resistance was futile and in the next moment, you already felt a sting in your throat.

When you woke up, you were lying on the floor in a rundown room with your skull throbbing, and at first it took you a few seconds to realize what had happened. Fortunately, except for the slight headache, you were not in any pain. Someone had grabbed you, but you couldn't remember anything more.

As you sat up, you noticed that you were not alone and that there was a second person in here with you. It didn't take a second look for you to realize that it was Ethan lying there with his face covered in blood.

"Ethan," you said with panic in your voice; tapping his cheek repeatedly with the palm of your hand to get him to come to, "Ethan. Come on."

No response, so you checked for his pulse, but the very next moment Ethan pulled up, startled, and pulled you protectively against him, whereupon you clung to him in relief.