• Eddie Brock [02]

Eddie, if

Eddie, if....
.... you cancel today's meeting

•••

Things hadn't been as hectic as they were at the moment for a long time. One call after another and there was just no end to it. You had barely hung up the phone when the next call came in. And this, was not only with you the case, but also with your colleagues.

Something had happened in the city. Something and that's exactly where it stayed. Everyone saw 'something', but no one, had been able to say what they saw. Panicked, scared and unsure, that's what the callers had been. To say concretely what it was, apparently no one could, because every single one of them, did not bring out a single, complete and coherent sentence.

It was not until late afternoon that you finally got your break, because before that, after the calls had almost stopped, you had to contact the hospitals and police stations to find out what had happened. You had gotten some answers from the hospitals, but not from the police. There were exceptions there, yet, police and FBI were not exactly, the best of friends.

With all the hustle and bustle, even during your break, you had completely forgotten that you had an appointment with Eddie for tonight. Canceling at the last minute was not your style, yet, you had no choice, because saying nothing would have been a lot worse. And the fact that you weren't even allowed to say why the meeting wouldn't take place, except that work wouldn't allow it, made it a lot better.

To your surprise, Eddie responded with a 'Yes, yes. No, it's all good. No problem. It's not your fault, can happen.'