• Lee Christmas

Christmas, if

Christmas, if....
.... he is not particularly convinced

-

After the thing with your dad a few years ago, it got hard for you. Harder than it already was, he'd made sure of that, and there was no talk of his actual death itself, but with everything he did while he was alive.

It was an ordinary job Church had said to you, nothing more. Very simple. Without making a fuss, get into the building; save all the data; kill the servers and disappear again. Simple.

Yes and basically, it was, but then it got complicated because a group of mercenaries showed up.

"The hell?" a man with a beard snapped when he saw you in the server room.

"Not really," you reply disinterestedly as you tape a packet of C4 to a server block, "The devil looks different."

"If you say so," you heard the man reply, "So, who sent you?"

"Phew, let's put it this way....," you began, ".... if the devil really existed, he wouldn't be a fan of it..... little information. There's going to be a fire here in five minutes. You should go."

Certainly not what Church wanted, but hadn't he told you how to kill the servers either. Fire was the enemy of all technology.... well, the enemy, of many things.

-

You didn't come from Drummer, he was sure of that, otherwise he would know.

And he wasn't alone either. When you two left the server room, went down the corridor and around the corner, you were met by an armed group that wanted to know directly who you were.

"What do you care?" you just said, "Besides, you introduce yourself first before you ask others."

"Christmas," the cap wearer said, causing you to look at him like he was trying to screw with you, "What, you got better names?"

"V," which merely caused Christmas to chuckle, "Stands for Vilain..... well, I'm going to go because I don't want to get burned."

"Wait.....," came from the man in the server room, but you walked on hurriedly, causing him to look to his comrade, "Vilain.... but not like Vilain...."

"Do you know anyone else with that name?" asked Christmas, because the name hardly belonged to common ones.