• Kelly Severide [03] ['Suprise' Chapter]

Short explanation beforehand.
Suprise chapters are "resolved" only at the end. So there will be a little story first and then, at the end, the picture.

//////////////////////

As far as men are concerned, you've been served for now. Nothing may have happened with your ex-boyfriend. You had simply grown apart and that, what concerned the future, your two ideas, went in two completely different directions, nevertheless, you wanted to start currently and in the near future, nothing new. Now, after your three-year relationship, you wanted to concentrate on yourself, your job and your future life. Who are you, what do you actually want and most importantly, what don't you want? Even if you didn't want to have anything to do with men at the moment, you had enough of them in your life thanks to your job at Intelligence.

Four months had passed since your breakup, during which you realized how calm and relaxed life could be. It was incredible how quickly you got used to things and forgot about them. You didn't have to be considerate of anyone, or cancel any appointments or plans for the evening because the job took priority. No stress. No personal stress to say the least.

Your 'mistake', however, was agreeing when Adam said that to celebrate, you were going to Molly's for drinks and the first rune was on him.

Everyone knew everyone. How awful is that kind of thing, please? Enormous. Police, firefighters and doctors gathered here. Other guests too, but the regulars belonged to one of these three professional groups. The work really doesn't let you go, you felt.

"I'll be off," you said after an hour and a half, because the day was starting to take its toll on you, "Who knows what tomorrow is or will bring."

"Want me to drive you?" asked Kelly casually, looking from his half-empty glass to you.

"There's a bus going somewhere," you deflected, "And before you say anything else. Yeah, I'm old enough to be walking around outside by myself at this hour. All good but thanks."

You had thought of one thing though. It was Kelly, so instead of no, you could have said yes, because ultimately, it came down to the same thing.

"Well then," you began to smile after unlocking the door, "good night."

After a 'night' that Kelly replied, however, he took your face in his hand and began to kiss you.