Chapter Six, The Council

The picture is of the dress Evelina wore to the Council and her hairstyle

----------------------------------------------

Chapter Six, The Council

It had been a couple of days since they had arrived at Rivendell and two days after their arrival Frodo woke up on October 24th just after they'd finished breakfast in the Dinning Hall. Lord Elrond had come and told them all that Frodo had woken up and that Gandalf was with him. As soon as Sam had finished his breakfast he practically flew to the medical bay where Frodo was being kept. But that was a few days ago, right now Evelina was sat peacefully on a bench in the garden watching as Frodo messed around with his fellow Hobbits as she waited for time to pass until it was time for the Council that she and Neville had been summoned to attend yesterday evening. Neville was somewhere in the other gardens with Aragorn and Legolas, no doubt interrogating them.

"Evelina." A voice behind her called making her jump and spin around an arrow notched into her bow and pointing at the person behind her. "Oh, I'm so sorry Arwen." Evelina apologised as she put her bow and arrow away as she realised who was behind her. "It's quite alright Evelina." Arwen smiled at her. "I've come to help you get ready for the council. Come we have much to do before then. Itarildë has already made your dress after taking your measurements yesterday. And she's adjusted it for your tails." Arwen told her with a kind smile, but with a stern look in her eyes when Evelina went to open her mouth.

Sighing in defeat Evelina rose from her seat and followed to the Bathing House where there was a large pool that was a hot spring. "In you get." Arwen says nodding to her part of the pool with her arms filled with numerous bottles of colourful lotions. Evelina blushed and summoned a screen to hide behind so she could undress before she stepped into the pool. 'I'm just thankful there is no one else here.' Evelina thoughts as she entered the pool, ignoring Arwen as she rolled her eyes at her. "You don't need to be so nervous Mellon nîn, for all of the woman here usually bathe at the same time to help with each other's hair and to save time. But I knew you would be uncomfortable so I asked them to bathe later."

"Now this lotion," Arwen said holding up a light pink lotion that smelt of vanilla, rose and jasmine. "Is for your body, and this one," she says holding up a light blue potion, that had a hint of lavender and citrus fruits coming from it even with the stopper on. "Is for your hair and the other light blue one is for your tails." Arwen explained first handing her the light pink lotion and then one of the light blue potions when she's finished bathing.

After spending around an hour in the Bathing pool Arwen helped her brush out all of the kinks and knots in her hair and tail behind mindful of her sensitive ears. "Put this on." Arwen instructed as she held out a silky light green robe and soft shoes in a sand colour. "They're just until we get to your room." Arwen told her, handing Evelina's old clothes to a maid to be washed. Once Evelina was dressed Arwen led her through the winding courtyards and numerous gardens until they reached Evelina's room.