Chapter Ten, Caradhras

A/N: I'm so sorry for the lack of updates

A/N: I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. I've just started my first job which is full time so you can imagine that takes up most of my time at the moment as I've only been there a few days.

Thanks to my Beta: Aeryun

* * *

Chapter Ten, Caradhras

"How long have you been up?" Legolas asked Aragorn as he came into the kitchen following the smell of the food Aragorn was cooking. They had all decided to take turns with the cooking so no one was doing the same jobs days on end, but everyone agreed whether they vocalised their opinions or not,that they loved Evelina's cooking the best. "Awhile. I couldn't sleep." Aragon said absently as he cooked the sausages. "I was worried about Eve and I went to check on her when I heard her crying out in her sleep. She was having nightmares again, her sleeps been broken at best. After I calmed her down the third time I decided to start on breakfast."

"She's been having nightmares again?" Legolas asked with a concerned frown on his face his silver eyes dulling till they looked like shards of ice; Aragorn nodded his head with a sigh. "Did she say what it was about?" Aragorn shook his head. "No, but I can guess what it was about. Afterwards I just stayed with her to soothe her if she started having them again." Aragorn said sadly he wished there was some way that he could help her.
"The war." Legolas realised, Aragorn made an agreeing noise in the back of his throat as he dished up the breakfasts with Legolas's help.

It was then they heard soft footfalls behind them and turned to see Evelina standing in the doorway looking all disheveled and sleep deprived with the black circles under her eyes and her paler than normal skin. She had a guilty look on her face as she looked at Aragorn and both he and Legolas knew what it was about.
"You don't need to apologise Eve, it's not your fault and I'll never hold that or anything against you. You can't help having nightmares no more than anyone else can." Aragorn said before she could say anything.

He held her hands gently in his own as he kissed her lovingly on the forehead. "We don't want to hear you apologise Eve for it is not your fault." Legolas told her firmly as he too kissed her on the cheek. "Now, come and sit at the table and eat the breakfast Aragorn made. It's not as good as yours but you need to keep your strength up." Legolas shared a look with Aragorn who huffed at his remark but he had a smile on his face as he heard Evelina giggle as she sat down at the table in between the two of them.

* * *

They'd been travelling for a few hours now with the sun beating down on their necks when they decided to rest for lunch. Evelina was feeling a bit better than she had when she'd woken up after her nightmares and feeling guilty about keeping Aragorn up. She still felt guilty no matter what they said but it wasn't weighing her down as much as before. The time she spent laughing and joking with Aragorn and Legolas while they waited for everyone to get up and helped her tremendously, especially the three of them getting to know each other a bit better. They had decided to stop at a rocky clearing where the large rocks could at least provide a resemblance of shade.