Chapter Twenty-three, The Battle or Gondor

Chapter Twenty-three, Battle of Gondor

"Form up! Move out! Form up! Move out!" Theodred shouted repeatedly along with Sirius and Eomer.
"Ride! Ride now for Gondor!" Theoden called out to his troops as they made their long journey to Gondor. Whilst Aragorn and the others made their mission into the cursed mountains to get the cursed men onside and try to convince them to fight with them against the army from Mordor.

Whilst at Gondor Pippin wished Sirius and the others would soon arrive as he came to help Gandalf and the men of Gondor fight against the Orcs that were storming the city. "Peregrin Took!" Gandalf shouted. "Go back to the Citadel!" Jumping in and saving the young Hobbit from an Orc as he stood frozen after mumbling, "They called is out to fight."
"This is no place for a Hobbit!" Gandalf argued. As he turned fighting Orcs left, right and centre only for Pippin to save his life from an orc approaching him from behind. "Guard of the Citadel indeed." Gandalf praised.

"Now back up the hill. Quick! Quick!" He commanded. Pippin for once doing what he said ran back the way he came only to see Denethor carry Faramir into the tomb. Gandalf sighed as he saw the Orcs moving a weapon made of fire and metal towards the front gate to break it down. "You are men of Gondor! No matter what comes through that door you will stand your ground!" Gandalf said firmly to the soldiers around him while others got the women and children out to the upper levels. Just as the door was breached and a troll cane barging in. "Volley!" Gandalf shouted as the men released their arrows.

As the sun was beginning to rise the city was breached she Gandalf pulled the men out up to the second level. Only for Pippin to find him telling him Denethor had lost his mind and was burning Faramir Alice. The two quickly rushed to the tomb managing to save Faramir just in time though the young man's father was not so lucky as he started burning alive. Once they were sure Faramir was save they returned to the battle. "Fight! Fight to the last man!" Gandalf shouted to the soldiers as the city was being over run with Orcs, trolls and wargs as they tore into anyone they could get at. The city was burning and falling down around them as screams wrenched the air as the horns of Rohan sounded from the distance.

The army of Rohan appeared over the hill catching the attention of the Orcs that were still outside the city. "I'm glad Evelina is safe far from here." Eomer told Theodred and Sirius who also expressed their relief that their daughter was not there as they appeared over the horizon seeing the city burning before them as the soldiers continued to blow their horns. Little did they know their daughter was a little further down the line. Merry on the horse in front of her, Neville and Luna on either side of her abs Eoywen begins then having figured out what they were up to.

Merry gasped at the sight of the city burning. Evelina hugged him tight to her knowing he was worried about Pippin. "Courage Merry. Have courage for our friends." Eoywen said from behind. "Pippin is tough Merry he will be okay." Evelina tried to reassure as Merry clung tight to her arm looking from the city to her, to Neville and Luna on either side of them and then to Eoywen behind them. "How did you continue to fight in the war you told us about?" Merry asked her, Neville and Luna quietly.