Chapter Sixteen, Parting of the Fellowship

The Fellowship had just pulled up on the Western shore as they'd been unable to shake the Orcs that were following them along the Eastern shore, somehow these Orcs were more skilful, more cunning, faster and were able to move in sunlight then normal Orcs and that worried the Company especially Aragorn and Legolas as Evelina was pregnant and carrying their children. It seemed what Gandalf had seen and what Lord Celeborn had told them was indeed true; no matter how they wish it wasn't so. Saruman had bred an army of Uruks from Orcs and Goblin, how many he bred or how many were following them they did not know and that made them uneasy.

"We'll arrive on the Eastern shore at nightfall, hide the boats and continue on foot. We'll approach Mordor from the North." Aragorn told the company. "From the North?" Gimli argued. "Emin muil is labyrinth of razor sharp rock and after that it gets even better." Gimli snapped. "Festering stinking marshlands as far as the eye can see."

"That is our road. I suggest you rest and cover your strength Master Dwarf." Aragorn snipped. Gimli spluttered angrily for a few seconds before turning to Pippin insisting that he ignore what Aragorn had said.

"Where's Frodo?" Merry asked suddenly worriedly, startling Evelina from her doze where she'd been laying on Neville's shoulder. Everyone looked around them to find that in fact Frodo was gone and so was Boromir, Aragorn's brow crinkled into a frown as he looked into the tree line. "Boromir went to get firewood as he noticed Eve shivering." Luna told him defending her mate though she too was worried about him. Even with the spell they'd all put on him the ring still had a strong hold on him especially in a moment of weakness, though he'd been having less and less lately as they grew closer together. "Nevertheless, we'll look for them both its not safe to wander alone." Aragorn said as everyone headed in the woods in search of their missing members.

***

Eve, Luna and Neville had just arrived fighting along side Aragorn defending themselves against the Urukais, the three of them standing back to back while Aragorn fought near them though he kept throwing Evelina worried looks. "Eve!! Get out of here!" Aragorn shouted.

"Are you? No. Then I don't think so." Evelina retorted not looking at him. "Anyway, where would I go? There's hundreds of them." Aragorn sighed he knew she was right it was better she was here with them then by herself he just hoped the others were alright.

Soon Legolas and Gimli joined them slaughtering more of the Uruks especially when they got to close to Eve. As the last Uruk near them was killed a horn sounded from a distance. "The horn of Gondor." Aragorn realised as he started running towards where the sound was coming from slaying Urukais as he went the others following. Neville, Luna and Evelina imagined Boromir blowing the horn and Apparated to where he was. As they arrived Urukais were carrying away Merry and Pippin while Boromir had just been shot with a third arrow finally bringing him to his knees. "Avada Kedavra." Luna shouted killing the Urukai instantly as he prepared to fire another arrow at Boromir, while Evelina ran over to Boromir.

"I'm sorry I have failed you all." Boromir gasped stopping Evelina from pulling the arrows out of his chest. "They took the little ones. Frodo? Where is Frodo?"

"Don't worry about that right now let me just heal you." Evelina placated as she broke the arrows in half. "This is going to hurt I'm sorry." Evelina apologised as she cut the arrows out, pouring potion after potion into the wounds before placing a salve over them and closing them with magic. Once she was satisfied they were closed properly she placed another covering of salve of them before bandaging them up and giving Boromir three blood replenishing potions and a pain potion to drink. "You should be okay now but I'll check them later." Evelina assured as she cleaned off her hands.

"Thank you Eve." Boromir says gratefully as he slowly stood up with Luna's help. "Where is Frodo? The Uruks they took the little ones!" He said agitatedly and with a hint of self hate in his voice. "I let Frodo go. Sam as most likely gone with him." Aragorn told them.

"Then you did what I could not." Boromir said sadly.

"Don't!" Luna said firmly stopping Boromir in his tracks. Legolas helped Evelina up off of the floor only for her to nearly collapse back down if it weren't for Legolas's quick reflexes. "Eve?! Are you alright?" Aragorn rushed over to her joking Legolas in wrapping his own arms around her keeping her steady.

"I'm fine. Just got up too quick." Evelina assured as they made their way back to where they made camp Neville and Luna healing the others of any injuries they occurred. "Hurry! Frodo and Sam have reached the Eastern Shore." Legolas said as he and Boromir pushed the remaining boats into the river but paused when they saw no one else was moving. "You mean not to follow them." Legolas realised.

"Their paths no longer align with us. It pains me to say this, it feels like during the war when Luna and I had to say goodbye to Eve. But the Fellowship still stands as long as stand true to one another." Neville said when Gimli opened his mouth though he quickly closed it nodding his head in agreement.

"Neville's right. We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death! Leave all that can be spared." He ordered.

"We can do one better." Luna said as she made all their things smaller and lightweight. Aragorn nodded gratefully as he sheathed his dagger. "Are you alright my love?" He asked worriedly as Evelina was still rather pale. "I'm fine." She assured though no one was convinced, as she finished packing her beaded bag. Reluctantly they all let it go, for now. "Let's hunt some Orc." Aragorn said.

"YES!!!" Gimli shouted as he ran off into the trees following the direction the Urukais took the others following him.