Chapter 12

✰ Arabella  ✰

Arabella 

"𝐃𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭"

"Bella," Someone called, causing me to whine in annoyance.

Then I felt someone poke my side, so I flipped over and opened my eyes, but I quickly regretted it due to the harsh lighting.

"Jesus," I mumble and rub my eyes to adjust the light.

When I reopen my eyes, I see Nicolo with a huge grin standing at the foot of my bed. His golden locks were lightly ruffled as normal, and he was dressed casually in sweatpants and a regular tee.

"I'm glad you're sober now," I murmur as I rise from my bed.

He gave me a lopsided grin and shrugged casually as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Well, you left me alone to get drunk by myself, so I'm not sure what you were expecting,"

I sigh and slump back down on my pillow, shaking my head.

"What time is it?" I ask, lifting my arm over my forehead.

"Noon," He says, "Uncle Dre and Mum are downstairs waiting for you, everyone's eating breakfast,"

As soon as I heard the sound of food, I leapt from my bed.

"Mhm, thought so," Nicolo mumbled, I ignored him, exiting my room and skipping down the stairs.

As I walk into the kitchen, I catch the sight of mum on dads lap sitting at the table while Uncle Dre was stacking himself a stack of pancakes.

I kiss my mother on the cheek and pat my father on the shoulder before approaching Uncle Dre, who had just noticed my presence.

"Bella!" He beams and drops the plate on the counter before embracing me in his arms.

His arms sway me side to side as I mutter a brief hello before he lets go and kisses my forehead.

He points to a plate of pancakes, "The pancakes are just there."

I stroll up to the table and take a seat after grabbing a plate and piling three entire pancakes on it.

I take the syrup and pour it over the pancakes before digging in with my fork.

As it hits my taste buds, I close my eyes and smile contentedly. When I reopened them, Nicolo was sitting next to me, taking a pancake from my plate and placing it on his own plate.

"Get your own, Nico!" I frown and reach for my pancake, but he smirks and shoves it into his mouth.

Everyone fell silent as I stared at him blankly, my stomach churning with fury. I lunge from my seat, ready to attack him, but a strong pair of arms pull me back.