Chapter 34

✰ Arabella ✰

Arabella

"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰"

Friday rolled around fast. The basketball game was taking place on our college premises.

Aydan had to arrive much earlier than the rest of us, and Kara would be taking her own car.

For the game, I wore a simple attire. A short skirt, paired with a white top tucked under the skirt and a black sweater over, all of which were accessorised with necklaces and rings.

I wore my hair down in its natural state and finished the look with a pair of white sneakers. I went downstairs after finishing my preparation and waited for Nicolo outside.

We opted to take his car because it had more space than mine. I rested my back against the railing, gazing up at the pink and blue sky. I exhaled heavily, simply exhausted from the long week.

Studying, essays and papers were piling up as classes and work became more intense, and that was everything I did during the week.

Roman's been around, hardly. Due to his 'obligations' college is not really a priority. But he's stopped over to see me during lunch breaks - Blondie has been keeping me company during our business class. 

I'd say the last time I saw him was Wednesday afternoon, and I hadn't heard or seen him since then. Theo stated that he'd be with him at the game tonight.

"Ready, Bella?" Nicolo hollered from behind me.

I smile and nod as I look over my shoulder. I follow him to the car, leaning off the railing.

We both climb into the leather car and speed away, heading for the city.

I linked my phone to the car and started shuffling my playlist while Nicolo drove out into the freeway. Thankfully, Nicolo and I shared similar tastes, so he didn't object.

Nicolo and I started talking roughly halfway through the drive.

"Oh, I forgot to mention. The yearly fair opens next week, and I was speaking to Kara about how we could all go for our birthday next week."

With a smile, I raised my brows and nodded, "Yeah, that's a great idea."

"Okay good. You could bring Roman as well since Kara invited that Theo guy." My attention snapped to him at his surprising words.

He gave me a short glance before launching into an explanation.

"Just because I noticed you're friends, and Theo is his best friend, so..."

I laughed and nodded, staring down at my shoes.

"I'll ask him tonight," He responded with a nod and continued driving.