Chapter 17

✰ Arabella  ✰

Arabella 

"𝐓𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲"

"Bella, you're making us lose," Uncle Eliot huffed.

I shifted in my seat to face him and lightly whacked him on the shoulder.

He gave me a startled expression and began to rub his shoulder dramatically.

"Layla, tell your child to stop abusing me please,"

I heard my mum sigh from across the room, "Which child, Eliot?"

"Landon's spawn,"

Uncle Andre busts out laughing, "Oh my God."

I frown at both of them, Nicolo presses his lips together to keep from laughing, and I simply shake my head at them all.

"I'm sorry Bells, you know I love you," Uncle Eliot throws his arms around my neck, and I huff slightly as he tightens his grip.

Being a football player and all, Uncle Eliot was a fairly buff dude, so you can imagine him hugging me to my death.

I pat his back and tell him quietly that I had seen Nicolo and Uncle Dre's Uno cards and was confident we would win now.

He grinned and we all returned to the game. It was now Monday night, and I had all of my usual classes today. I hadn't seen Roman or Theo either; they both weren't in business class.

After our courses, Kara, Aydan, Nicolo, and I went to a local mall and hung out for a while. We agreed to go to a club that was opening up tomorrow night.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about Roman today, well more like all day. He seems to have taken over my thoughts; I've spent the entire day thinking about him like some naive high school girl with a silly crush.

I was obviously getting some sort of feelings for him, something more than just attraction, even if I didn't want to accept it.

But somewhere deep down, I liked it.

"Uno!" Eliot exclaims as he places our final card on the table "Suck on that hoes!"

Uncle Dre just scowls at us, particularly Eliot, as Nicolo groans while tossing his cards onto the table.

Uncle Dre sags into the couch, "You cheated."

"You shouldn't assume old man," Uncle Eliot said and waves his hand at him.

Uncle Dre crossed his arms and frowned at him, "Dude, we're the same age, plus, thirty-eight isn't old."

Eliot shrugs at him and sits off the couch and heads towards the kitchen where Aunt Violet and mum were.

"I'm going to order some food, do you want anything?" Nicolo says this as he rises from the couch.

"Do you even have to ask?" I said tilting my head, he rolls his eyes and pats my head before stepping out of the room.