Chapter 29

✰ Arabella ✰

Arabella

"𝐄𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐲"

Roman was the first to go, and I waited sixty seconds before following him.

The room was still brightly lit. When I returned to the main room, my parents had told me that we would be leaving in about an hour.

I groaned internally at that. If I didn't get to spend any more time with Roman, I was preferably ready to leave. The only time I seemed to enjoy myself was when I was with him.

My feelings for him grew stronger. And the long denial for the feelings I was developing for him had finally worn off.

Yes, I was scared. I was scared he'd hurt me, leave me, or worse, simply not want me. I was scared he wouldn't feel the same way I did, that he wouldn't match my feelings for him.

But I suppose I'd have to take that risk.

Risk the heartbreak I'd feel if he didn't want me or because he didn't feel the same way. I wasn't prepared for it, but at least I would know what was coming.

And I was willing to risk all the heartbreak and suffering, for him.

That last hour went by painfully, slow. Somehow the constant eye contact I had with Roman managed to keep it somewhat interesting.

It wasn't anything significant; our eyes only met a few times, which only added to the butterflies I got whenever I'm around him.

My body physically breathed a sigh of relief at the anticipation of leaving. Before we could, my family and I had to say our goodbyes to Lucien and his son.

Dad shook Lucien's hand and said something about getting together for dinner in a few weeks.

I gave them both a sceptical look, but Dad simply gave me the 'look', if you want to call it that, that said he'd let me know later.

Nicolo and I were second to say our goodbyes after my parents. I shook Lucien's hand and noticed Roman approaching him from behind, his abnormally large form hovering over him.

For a brief moment, our gazes locked before he snapped them away to face my father in front of him.

They exchanged firm handshakes, followed by Nico, and then it was only myself left.

I glanced at my parent's and brother leaving, and instead of shaking his hand I reached my arms over his neck and pulled him into a light hug.

He delicately placed his hands on the sides of my waist, his head sneaking to my ear as his lips lightly brushed against my skin.

"I want to see you tomorrow," He said quietly while his hands browsed my waist.

"I'll text you later." With those last words, he backed away.