Only You

Only You by Yazoo

Looking from a window above, it's like a story of love 
Can you hear me 
Came back only yesterday
I'm moving further away
Want you near me
All I needed was the love you gave
All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you
Sometimes when I think of her name
When it's only a game
And I need you
Listen to the words that you say
It's getting harder to stay
When I see you
All I needed was the love you gave
All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you
All I needed was the love you gave
All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you
This is going to take a long time
And I wonder what's mine
Can't take no more
Wonder if you'll understand
It's just the touch of your hand
Behind a closed door
All I needed was the love you gave
All I needed for another day
And all I ever knew
Only you

________________________________________________________________________________

Noah's POV

I knew this was insane. I was standing at the prom, just waiting at the Kissing Booth, to declare my love for her in front of the entire student body. I hadn't spoken to Elle in over two weeks. I knew she was still angry at me but I hoped that after tonight, she would forgive me and we could both move on from this disaster together. Like I said, I knew it was crazy, but I was hopeful. I knew I was in love with her a long time ago, but I just could never find the right time to tell her. I was pretty sure she felt it too, but my insecurities also put doubts in my mind. I knew I wasn't good enough for her, but I was trying to be. That had to count for something right? It didn't really matter, though, because then shit really hit the fan when Lee found out about us and my world literally started falling apart.

I took off from the house that day on my motorcycle and just drove aimlessly. I finally pulled over when I realized I was nearly out of gas. I was close enough to the beach house that even if I ran out of gas, I could walk my bike the rest of the way and I wouldn't have to just leave it on the side of the road. It was also the more appealing option compared to going home and having to actually face the mess that was now my life. I knew I had clothes and everything else I would need, at least for a little while, already at there, so off I went. 

Once I got to there and settled in, I was finally alone with my thoughts. I was so pissed off, at Lee, at Elle, and with myself too, if I'm being completely honest. I don't know what Lee's problem was. Did he really hate me that much that he couldn't handle that I was happy, for once? I mean, we had never been super close, but he was still my brother and I never thought he would freak out the way he did, picking a fight with me and saying those awful, disgusting things about Elle. God, I could have killed when he basically called her my slut, but I knew Elle would never forgive me if I gave him the ass whooping he deserved. Who knows, maybe she was never going to forgive me anyways. 

I had been so angry at her for the way she lost it on me after Lee left. I know Lee is her best friend, but come on, I was her boyfriend. All I wanted was to make her happy and to take her to prom, but then she had to let Lee ruin it. She didn't exactly break up with me, but her meaning was clear enough. I know she told me to stay in the house, but I wasn't going to just sit there and let Lee berate her, so I followed them. I wasn't trying to make things worse, it just sort of ended up that way, but it wasn't fair for her to blame it all on me. Hell, it had been her idea to keep our relationship a secret from Lee to begin with. I was so angry at her, but still, all I wanted was to have her in my arms and comfort her, telling her everything would be alright. Lee would get over it and then we could be together for real, like an actual couple, and not have to hide anything from anyone. Instead I was at the beach house, alone, feeling sorry for myself, and eventually falling into a fitful sleep on the couch.