Kiss Me

Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer

Kiss me, out of the bearded barley

Nightly, beside the green, green grass
Swing, swing, swing the spinning step
You wear those shoes and I will wear that dress
Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me
Kiss me, (kiss me) down by the broken tree house
Swing me, (swing me) upon its hanging tire
Bring, bring, (bring, bring) bring your flowered hat
We'll take the trail marked on your father's map
Oh, kiss me, beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me
Kiss me, beneath the milky twilight
Lead me out on the moonlit floor
Lift your open hand
Strike up the band and make the fireflies dance
Silver moon's sparkling
So kiss me
So kiss me
So kiss me
So kiss me

_______________________________________________________________________________

I must be dreaming. Yup. That's it, that's the only explanation for everything that happened tonight. Noah Flynn kissed me, and I had kissed him back.

First it was the Kissing Booth. I was sure he wouldn't show, especially after the whole running around the boys locker room in my bra. Then Olivia and the other OMG's tricked me into taking her spot at the booth, even though I was a 16 year old with virgin lips. I could not have been more nervous stepping out, about to have my first kiss in front of an audience and blindfolded, not even being able to see the mystery guy beforehand. Of course as soon as he stepped up I started nervous babbling about how I'd never been kissed and how nervous I was when all of a sudden a pair of lips crashed down onto mine. I appreciated the initiative and the sparing me of relaying more embarrassing personal details about myself to the whole student body. It was awkward at first, not knowing what to do, but then instinct kind of took over and I realized it wasn't so bad. I couldn't remember what I had been so nervous about just a few moments earlier, and that was when I noticed it. That smell. That familiar musky scent. Then it hit me. I pulled away and lifted the blindfold. There he was, staring back at me, looking a little breathless and surprised. I stared back at him, trying to decipher the look on his face when he decided to throw caution to the wind and pull me back in for another kiss. This kiss was more urgent, full of something I couldn't quite put my finger on. Was it longing? This only being my second kiss, I couldn't be sure. The fireworks, though, I was sure of, at least on my end. Then just as quickly as it happened it was over. 

"Everyone just saw that didn't they?" I said, still in shock.

"Pretty much," He chuckled. 

"Oh my God! Kill me now!" Why couldn't I stop doing the most absolutely mortifying things in front of my dream guy?

"Come on. Relax, Shelley. It was just a kiss." He said, smiled out at the crowd as they applauded.

That brought me right back down to Earth.

"Yeah. Of course," I frowned. 

"All right," he said, not meeting my gaze, "I'll, uh, I'll see you around. Keep up the good work, huh?"

And that was that. I watched him walk away from the Kissing Booth, feeling very confused and also very conflicted. What was I going to tell Lee? But if I'm being completely honest, I didn't care. I'd just had the best (and only) kiss of my life, and I didn't know if I was ever going to feel that way about another kiss again.