100 :: last ::

"be here now" by ray lamontagne is what is played at his funeral btw (( thats just the song i was listening too but i really love it pls give it a listen ))

---

michael clifford died on a sunday night.

his mother found him on his bedroom floor in a pool of crimson blood with his eyes closed. she screamed at first. and then she called the ambulance. when they arrived, he had been gone for far too long. there was nothing they could do.

calum was the first one called. he dropped his cup with the phone still to his ear, sending shards across the floor. and then he just sank to his knees; he couldn't even cry. he'd lost michael, his best friend, to the same act that made michael lose his lover. eventually he did cry. he cried a lot. he wished he could have done something.

luke and ashton were never notified. they were in germany at the time, and the last anyone heard from them they were happy. and no one wanted to be the one to tell them they lost their friend.

the funeral was held on a clear wednesday afternoon in a church.

calum sat with michael's mother, holding her hand tightly. a soft, slow song played as the preacher gave a prayer and calum heard mrs. clifford sob. she got up and stood in front of the coffin, the open coffin. michael was in his favourite band shirt, black jeans, and his hair was styled. mrs. clifford stroked his cheek once, kissed his forehead, and whispered, "goodbye my beautiful boy."

calum stood by as mrs. clifford left, and then he too went to say goodbye. the preacher was still there, along with a few other people. calum stood there with his eyes filling up with tears as he gazed at his best friend, who looked so peaceful. he sighed and pulled something from his pocket. a green bracelet. "from the blink concert we went to together. thought you might want it." calum placed the green bracelet under his best friend's hands and turned to walk off. just before exiting the church, he turned back. "i'll see you when i see you mikey."

and just like that, it was over.

michael was buried next to the girl he loved.

his journal was tossed off of a ship into the middle of the ocean. it was washed away and no one was ever given a peak inside.

his mother remarried and her new husband had two children from previous marriages. they asked about the boy in the pictures on her walls, and she just smiled a sad little smile, telling them that he was an angel that went home.

calum went to college, got his degree in music, and married a wonderful boy. together they adopted a little boy and girl, and calum named the boy michael, after his best friend. and every year on his birthday, calum would take his son to the cemetery, where they would talk to the other michael. calum would tell his son how much of an amazing person the other michael was, and his son would kiss the tombstone and say, "you made my daddy very happy. thank you other michael."

luke and ashton stayed together. they grew old on an island with everything they could ever need. each other and music. ramona recovered and soon became a therapist for children and teens. she also married and had a daughter.

and michael?

he's up in heaven walking on a road made of gold, holding hands with the most beautiful girl he has ever known.

and he is also watching over everyone he had known, smiling down at them as they live long and happy lives.

he never truly left them. he was always there.

in his mother's heart, in calum's son, in ramona's now red hair that michael had before he died, and in the music luke and ashton make.

michael clifford died on a sunday night.

but, he also found peace on the exact same night.

and even though life can do terrible things, the days when she loved him were always there to guide him back to her.

the end

---

i tried giving this enough closure to make you all happy, and i hope this was good for you guys.

if a lot of people want an alternate ending, i will gladly write one, but just know that halfway through writing this i changed my mind and decided not to do one. i feel like this ended on a good note. no, michael did not live, but you got to see that everyone moved on but still never forgot him. and michael was up in heaven with his girl gettin crunk with the angels.

but if you do wish to have an alternate ending so be it. i have two options. a malum one (blame evie u guys) or just one where his mom stops him.

so vote :

malum comment here

regular comment here

(( yall little shits better pick malum ))

anyway, this has been one of the best times of my life, writing this book. thank you for getting it to over like, what idek 15k reads? wth it hit over 10k who cares! thank you for reading, voting your buts off, and commenting. you guys all bring joy to my life and im happy to say that you guys are my family. even if some of you live in other countries or states, i love all of you like blood. thank you for giving this book a chance and thank you for sticking with me.

( oh and if you made an edit for the contest, still send it to my twitter fxckinjc or instagram fxck.http bc i want to see them thx )

ok guys. that's it. when she loved me is officially over.

check out my stories

saw
&
supernova

if you want :-)

here's a joke.

why did the noodle get arrested?

he was an impasta!

lol i love you guys.

bye :-)