ONE

[SIDEWALKS]

; y/n's p.o.v.
note:
⸻⸻

10:23 PM

Stepping out the automated hospital doors, I sighed in relief. Today's shift in the hospital was really busy because of all the emergencies that happened throughout the day and I don't really know if my given salary today was worth enough to pay for what i've been doing all day. 

They may think they can fool me with their inequality of giving salaries to their workers but I'm not blind to see all those foul plays of the higher-ups. 

I rolled my eyes just thinking about those credit robbers as I turned to the corner, the parking lot already before me. 

The usual place was there as is it, the pole to which the light's coming from, the cars and the concrete road, but who's that over there? 

I sprinted to the sidewalk, seeing a two-toned colored man lying down on the ground and I could already see the blood on his abdomen. 

I kneeled down next to the unconscious— injured man as I pressed my fingers on his pulse, it's still beating as it should. 

I moved his excess hair from his face as I pulled him up, I should carry him to the hospital.

 Oh, is he on his way to the hospital or he just coincidentally passed out here? Whatever it is, he needs help, there's too much blood.

⸻⸻⸻⸻

I looked down at the unconscious patient safely lying on the hospital bed. He gladly got his operation done safely and successfully. 

"Hand me his records." I said, glancing at the nurse who stretched out her hands to give me the clip as I read through it in my arms.

Haitani Rindou
28 years old

Hm, he's about my age. What is a criminal doing on the sidewalk, bleeding to death? If I haven't gotten to him, he could've gotten taken by others and probably when he wakes up, he's handcuffed. 

"Ms. L/n, are you sure about this? The police might reach the hospital and search for him." the nurse asked, slight worry and fear evident on his expression as Y/n shrugged, merely giving the nurse a glance. 

"Get me a few bandages, I can definitely hide him." y/n answered, eyes scanning the sleeping man as the nurse nodded, immediately leaving the room. 

"This is big trouble but whatever." y/n mumbled, plopping down the nearby sofa as she closed her eyes in distress. "I can't even get a rest but okay, this is thrilling."

⸻⸻⸻⸻

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V.

The sunlight entered the thin gaps of the blinds as Rindou slowly opened his eyes, groaning as he rubbed his eyes, seeing his surroundings a bit more clear. Am I in the hospital? 

He tilted his head to the sides, seeing the closed window and to the other side, the sofa and the door to his bathroom. He huffed as he used his elbow to support himself up, only to lay back down, feeling the pain on his abdomen. 

He forgot, he just got shot last night. Oh how much he hates feeling weak at that moment. 

He looked around once again, searching for a telephone, anything that can help him contact his older brother. His ears perked up as he heard the door open and close, his head slowly turning to his left to where the door was. 

An h/c-haired woman was standing by the door, a clip accompanying her left hand as she looked at him with a very indistinct expression. 

Somehow, her face oddly looks familiar to his mind. A faint picture of someone appearing in the center of his mind. 

"What am I doing here?" rindou asked, obviously he knows but he feels like asking. 

"I saw you on the sidewalks, unconscious, bleeding and 10% to death." y/n answered, her flat tone of voice annoyed him. 

Rindou rolled his eyes as he tried to move further, only to groan once again at the growing pain in his stomach. 

"Hm, if you try to move, you'll get hurt." y/n reminded, placing his clip on his side table as Rindou clicked his tongue. 

"You could've told me much more earlier." he sassed as y/n laughed at him. 

"I thought you would already know, mr. haitani." y/n grinned, checking his dextrose as he can only sigh in annoyance. 

"Anyway, no joking, Last night, you underwent surgery, be careful with the movements. The wound might open." y/n informed, glancing at him who curtly nodded, his eyes set to the television he just opened. 

Y/n fished the oximeter in her pocket as she pressed it open. "Now then.." y/n said, catching his attention as he glanced at her. 

"What?" 

"I'll borrow your hand in a few seconds." y/n answered before gently lifting his hand and putting his index finger in between the tiny device which quite surprised him. 

"Don't worry, it won't hurt." y/n muttered, a small smile on her lips as Rindou simply hummed before turning his attention back to the tv. 

Y/n continued staring at the device as the numbers finally stayed still. "96 and 85, mhm." she hummed before removing the oximeter from his fingers. 

The both of them turned to the door as they heard it open, seeing a nurse carrying a tray of food. 

"Eat well, mister." y/n reminded before picking up the clip and leaving the room, the nurse sharply followed her. Rindou stared at the door, frowning as he looked back at his food, anything but tasty. 

"Tsk, I hate this." he mumbled, picking up the chop sticks and eating his so-called breakfast, he had no choice. He needs to strengthen himself and get out of the hospital. 

Surely, this place isn't for some top criminal like him. He's supposed to be in their headquarters, drinking alcohol as he pleases and shooting people, killing people according to what his boss, Mikey, would want him to do. 

"I'll kill that little shit who shot me last night." he hissed, frowning as he leaned back his bed, closing his eyes in distress. "I need to get out of here."

⸻⸻
note: