THREE

[A MEMORY]

; third person's pov
note:
⸻⸻

NEXT DAY, MORNING..

"Don't threaten a nurse or even a doctor just to get me here." y/n said, eyes staring boringly at rindou as she lounged on the nearby sofa just beside his bed.

"Tsk. Who are you to tell me that? I only follow my brother and my boss." rindou retorted, glaring at her as she sighed, soothing her temple to calm herself down. He's your patient, y/n. Calm down.

"The thing here, rindou haitani is if you don't stop this action of yours even if it's just the first, they can report you and you'll get arrested. That's out of my reach, I'm not some high-positioned doctor here." y/n explained, flatly.

It was evident that she's upset and mad too just by judging her eyes, her lips and her tone of voice. He has no right to be mad at me, even doctors who've got this crazy of a patient will get mad.

"Do you wanna get arrested?" "Of course not plus don't treat me like I'm an inexperienced criminal, I'm not a member of bonten for no reason." rindou answered, frowning as y/n huffed sarcastically and silently. Pride won't get you anywhere.

"Good. Then that settles it, don't try to threaten any more staff when I'm not around. I'm not this hospital's director to shield you away from the police." y/n sighed, leaning her head at the back of the sofa as rindou chuckled in amusement.

"I'm not asking you to shield me. If you're gonna complain throughout my recovery like that, it would've been better if you had just left me lying on the sidewalks." rindou scoffed, glancing at her who's eyes continued staring at the ceiling.

"Pride won't get you anywhere, rindou." y/n replied, standing again as she dusted her coat.

'Rindou-kun, your pride won't get you anywhere.'

Rindou mouth slightly parted as his eyes followed Y/n's frame who left the door as he furrowed his brows after. If she is that person, then there's a huge change.

He pressed his lips together as he looked up at the ceiling, trying to flash more memories inside his mind.

"I can't even remember her name.." rindou muttered, unconsciously tapping his fingers together as he sank into his thoughts deeper.

On the other hand, Y/n ran down the stairs of the hospital as she reached the ground floor. Her phone rang as her hand reached for it, answering the incoming call. "Hello?"

"Where are you? You said you're gonna eat breakfast with us." A male voice answered from the other line as she rolled her eyes.

"I am. I just got out of the hospital, I'm on my way. Wait and calm your asses down." y/n answered, eyes glaring at the phone as she heard chuckles on the other side.

"Sure, whatever, little sis. We've been waiting."

"Yes, yes. I'm driving."

⸻⸻⸻⸻

"Hello." y/n greeted as she stepped in the private room her brothers occupied for her.

"Yo, little sis! We haven't seen you for a month!" Ichi, y/n's third oldest brother greeted, a grin plastered on his lips as y/n rolled her eyes at him, sitting just beside him.

"Heh, I think she's very busy, Ichi." Nori, their second oldest brother teased the younger one as he flipped him off.

"Tsk, you two are so annoying." y/n huffed, glaring at them as they frowned at her.

"What's the business anyway?" she asked, tilting her head and crossing her arms.

"Oh, that! We really don't have any good news with us about the business." Ichi grinned, sliding her the folder which contained all the papers.

Y/n furrowed her brows, unamused by the news as she opened the folder and stared at the contents. "Ichi, your grin makes the news far worse." y/n insulted, pushing his brother's head away as he immediately had an offended look.

"Excuse me? You didn't just—"

"I think I just did." y/n replied, eyes still reading through the papers as Ichi's eyes widened once more with Nori's muffled chuckles in front of them.

"You too, nori. Dad told me that you've been very lazy and rarely shows up at meetings, I might as well just drop you." y/n stated, looking up at his older brother who's eyes widened. She glared at him, shaking his head as she read the papers again.

The two males stick their tongue out at each other for being insulted by their youngest sister, they didn't like it but what can they do? Nothing.

"Don't drop me, y/n. I'm important to the business." nori sang, moving his head back and forth as y/n sighed, leaning her cheeks to her palm, her eyes travelling back to the both of them.

"I'll change my decision if you start attending the meetings with the underlings. Just because you're on the top, it doesn't exempt you to not attend those meetings." y/n said, glaring at his brother who rolled his eyes but nodded anyway.

"You, ichi. You better get your shit up and order him to attend meetings, how useful are you two?" y/n huffed in annoyance.

Both her brothers had their mouths agape as they abruptly turned to her. "Hey! Are you saying we're useless?"

"Yeah."

"You're unbelievable, y/n!"

Y/n closed her eyes as she leaned her head on the table. "I'm trying to do my best here. I can't afford them inheriting the group." she replied, heaving a deep breath.

Her brothers frowned at the sight of their younger sister stressed out. They know how hard it is to handle tons of people as they take care of her, when she's living her normal life but they know better that it's different in her perspective.

Pity that she's going to lose another percent of her normal life when the date comes.

"We know." ichi mumbled, silently sitting on his spot as he gestured things at his older brother, both of them talking by body language as they know y/n needs time to think in a quiet environment.

"Alright. Let's proceed with the meeting." y/n announced as she sat up once again, having a more composed expression as both men nodded eagerly.

⸻⸻
note: