FOUR

[CALL]

; third person's pov
note:
⸻⸻

A DAY LATER...

"Did the pain decrease?" y/n asked, tilting her head as she examined rindou who shook his head. 

"It's less painful. When can I leave?" rindou replied, looking at her who smiled in amusement. 

"You'll be here for atleast a week or more, it depends on how you recover." y/n answered, chuckling as she made changes on his records. 

"..Depends if you're gonna act like a little shit or behave." she continued, grinning as rindou rolled his eyes in annoyance, muttering cuss words under his breath. 

"If you wanna get out earlier than average, behave like an ideal patient." y/n said before leaving the room as he rolled his eyes, staring out the window. 

He's running out of patient and just wants to leave the place since normally, he'd just drive passed this huge buildings, even over-speeding at times he feels like it but now, he's just sitting on a hospital bed, having plans on escaping but a lot of risk prevents him to do so. 

What ticks him more is that he doesn't have his phone and God knows how much he wants to call his older brother to get him out of there. 

⸻⸻

Y/n sat on her chair, listing important things down as she just finished checking up on her patients. It was stressing especially that some of her patients keep on doing the things she forbids. 

She snapped out her thoughts as her telephone rang, she placed her pen down before answering to the call. "Hello, this is Y/n L/n." 

"Ms. L/n, there's someone who called, searching for a certain patient which belongs to you." She recognized the voice and it was the nurse at the ground floor, the nurse at the lobby. 

"I have a lot of patient so who? And the one who called as well?" y/n asked, hearing shuffling on the other line. 

"Haitani Rindou, i believe he's your patient?"

Y/n hummed, waiting for the nurse to continue. "Haitani ran, he says that he's your patient's older brother." 

"Did you give him any information about my patient?" y/n asked, the possibilities of this man, ran haitani, making a move to get rindou out the hospital. 

"No, that's against the rules." 

"Good, i'll take care of this. Send me the phone number." y/n replied as she placed down the telephone and stood up, fixing herself before shoving her phone in her pockets and leaving the room, slightly sprinting to the elevator, on her way to rindou's room.

a few minutes later...

Y/n opened the door, sighing quietly as she peeked at his room, immediately seeing him looking at the door and to her. 

"What?" rindou asked, slight annoyance lacing his voice as y/n entered the room. 

"Someone's finding you." y/n informed which made his eyes widen, the excitement to know who it is pumping through his veins as half of him knew who it was. 

Y/n's phone tinged as she checked the lock screen, seeing an unfamiliar number sent to her by the nurse to which she guessed is haitani ran. 

"Haitani ran? he says he's your brother, older one." y/n continued, looking up from her phone and to rindou who had a blank expression though she could see through his eyes, he's beyond happy. 

"Do you wanna talk to him?" she asked as rindou immediately nodded. 

Y/n clicked on her contacts and handed him her phone as rindou dialed his brother's phone number. 

"I'll go back in a few." y/n said as she turned around and left the room. Rindou stared at the screen who continued vibrating until his call got rejected. 

His brows furrowed as he rolled his eyes, closing the contacts and clicking the messages to tell ran that it's him, rindou.

unknown number

[you]
this is rindou.

[unknown]
really?

[you]
hurry up and answer my call, dipshit

[unknown]
woah, okay

"Rindou, where have you been?"

"Tsk, I got shot 3 days ago and a doctor took me in xxx-xxx hospital. I'm doing fine." rindou answered, feeling good as he finally communicated with his brother once again. 

"Oh. I think i called there." 

"Yeah, shit. Come visit me, it's boring here." rindou said, looking around the room and rolling his eyes. He heard his brother chuckle before replying with a 'yes'. 

"Anyway, why didn't you call me sooner? I've been searching for you 2 days in a row. Are you flirting with a nurse chick there?" ran asked, a hint of teasing as rindou frowned, eyes more furrowed in annoyance. 

"No, i'm not. I'm here for recovery." rindou answered, clicking his tongue as he heard ran chuckle. 

"Alright, alright. I'll go there when i'm free. Stay put and be careful." ran reminded as the call ended a few seconds later. 

"Hmm." rindou hummed, placing the phone on his lap as he looked at the door, waiting for his doctor to come in once again. He stared back at the phone, curiosity in his eyes as he slowly lifted it up. 

"Done?" Rindou whipped his head to the door, hearing her voice and a knock. He shook his head and moved the phone to the bedside table. 

"Yeah." he replied as the door opened soon enough, y/n entered as she reached for her phone and placed it back her coat's pockets. 

"So? Is someone finally visiting you?" y/n grinned, tilting her head as rindou rolled his eyes. "You're too much to handle." he muttered, huffing in annoyance as y/n's grin stretch a little more wide. 

"I hope your brother won't help you escape. It'll be very hard." y/n smiled as she sat on the couch. 

"Why aren't you leaving?" rindou asked, glancing at her who shrugged in reply. 

"I don't have any patients today. Kind of free." she answered, crossing her legs as rindou nodded, watching the tv's content. 

He wasn't entertained by the show, not at all. It was boring, he'd swore that he could've swore loudly at the host of the show if not for the doctor sitting a meter beside him. She'll just laugh at him. 

"The show's boring isn't it?" y/n hummed, looking at rindou who had an unamused face. 

"Yeah. I don't like it." 

"It's a shame i didn't get to bring my laptop." y/n replied, a slight frown plastered on his face. 

"Mhm and next time, make sure to bring your laptop, it's boring here." rindou hissed as y/n chuckled, shaking her head in amusement.

⸻⸻
note: