EIGHT

[BESIDE]

; third person's pov
note:
⸻⸻

"How's the food?" rindou asked as y/n smiled, nodding rapidly. "The food is veryyy sweet! i like it." y/n replied, glancing at rindou before they reached the other side of the sidewalk. 

Y/n waved her in the air, calling for a taxi and gladly, there was a cab just across the road. "Tokyo's hospital." y/n said, leaning back as the driver started driving once again. 

"So, base on today, when can I be discharged?" rindou asked, looking at y/n—only to see her sleeping. "What the fuck.." he trailed off, eyes closing as he breathed deeply. 

"Come on." rindou sighed, learning on his side of the cab.

'mf fell asleep'

He can only shut up and sit silently beside her—he doesn't wanna bother her either. The tiniest conscience and respect inside him took over.

⸻⸻

9:34 PM

Y/n groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, the familiar temperature of the hospital present on her feeling. She hummed, pondering where she was until she felt something beside her. 

Her eyes enlarged as she saw rindou's hair and the sound of faint breathing. 

'He's sleeping, what time is it?' she thought, head turning to the clock as it showed 9:34 pm. 

"It's been 3 hours since we left the mall." she murmured, sighing as she tried laying back down. Well, tried. 

"How long do you plan to stay?" She flinched, hearing rindou's voice directly by her ears as her feet slid down the bed. 

"Ack!" she yelped, her waist being held back by rindou's arm as he smirked. 

"Don't scare me like that!" y/n hissed, looking up at rindou who's looking back at her. 

"Hm? You're the one laying down on MY bed," rindou defended, motioning on his bed as y/n furrowed her brows but she quickly backed away from rindou. 

"I-I woke up on your bed! right exactly on your bed!" she retorted, her brows furrowed as her eyes narrowed. "By that, how did i end up there anyway? I was asleep." 

Rindou raised his brows in amusement, the smirk still present on his face, "I don't know, i was asleep as well." Y/n rolled her eyes, fixing her coat as she took her sling bag from the table. 

"Whatever, see you tomorrow." y/n sighed, shaking her head and opening the door. 

"Oh, it's your leave already?" Y/n furrowed her brows, looking at him once again. 

"You're here for almost a week now, what time do i leave?" she questioned which made him frown. 

That's embarrassing but it seems like it's natural. He's an haitani after all. 

"See you tomorrow." she bid before stepping out the room with the door closing after. Rindou sighed, rolling his eyes as he tucked himself back his bed. "Fuck."

⸻⸻⸻⸻

click click click

Rindou groaned in annoyance as his hand made its way to his eyes, rubbing it open. There he saw y/n occupied with her laptop, her brows furrowed as she seemingly read through whatever content was displayed. 

"Hi." he greeted, voice just above whisper as y/n glanced at him for a second before turning back to her laptop. 

"Hello, good morning." she replied, smiling as he nodded, stretching his limbs in the air.

'What is she doing here early in the morning? It's about 6 am..'

"You went here at what time?" rindou asked, looking back her as she halted. 

"Hm? About 2 hours ago, 4? maybe?" y/n answered, placing down the paper she's holding. "Don't you go here at like— 9 or 10?" rindou questioned which made her laugh. 

"I felt like it and besides, i don't really need sleep." she smiled, resuming her work with the laptop as rindou huffed in amusement. 

"Alright. Where's my food?" he asked as she shook her head. 

"I think they're still preparing it. Go to the bathroom first." y/n answered before rindou nodded and held onto his iv before walking towards the bathroom to start his day.

3 MINUTES LATER..

Rindou opened the door and stepped out the bathroom as she saw y/n adjusting some wires in front of the tv. "Hm? What're you doing?" he asked, sitting back his bed as y/n glanced at him. 

"Connecting my laptop to the tv. You said you wanted to watch something right because the shows are boring?" she answered, clicking something on the laptop as it displayed netflix. 

"You're done with your work?" 

"Yeah. It's s not that many and now, go watch." Y/n handed him the remote and mouse as she sat on the sides, waiting for him to pick a movie.

Shortly, he did as they watched together and rindou's breakfast finally arrived.

⸻⸻⸻⸻

Y/n watched in amusement as she noticed that rindou was so indulged with the show he picked. 

"It's funny how we ended up here, don't we?" the female protagonist sobbed. 

"No, don't go yet.." the male lead pleaded as the tears fell down his eyes. 

Y/n chuckled lowly as she leaned on her palm, "I think she'll die."

"Shut up." rindou retorted, glaring at her which made her laugh. "I bet you'll cry." 

Y/n grinned as she leaned down, the pillow failing to hit her head as rindou rolled his eyes. "Alright, i'll shut up." she chuckled as rindou turned his eyes back the show. 

Y/n silently laid back the sofa, checking on her phone. 

Soon enough, she fell asleep as the movie also ended. Rindou frowned, wiping some tears at the sides of his eyes as he turned off the tv. 

He glanced at her to which made him chuckle, shaking his head. "And she says she doesn't need sleep." he sighed, leaning back his bed as his head was still directed her way. 

A calm expression, her state is very desirable—most people don't get to sleep like her. 

Rindou chuckled as the thought of y/n's expression was similar to that of the dead. Funny but a bit dark, yes. 

He turned his eyes to the ceiling as he was swallowed by his own thoughts and eventually, fell asleep because of the silent nature.

⸻⸻
note: we did a sanzu ff💅