Who Knows, Cookie Knows

'Lucious, you owe me. My money started this company. My 'drug' money! Maybe the board wouldn't be so happy to hear that; Would they?!' Cookie warned as she sipped her drink and watched Lucious plot in that thick head of his.

He began to start up all the reasons why she wasn't part owner of the company and that he had a board to answer to. 'This isn't the same company we started, Cookie. The board won't let me split this company up and I can't give you five million a year.' Cookie grimaced as he told her that after all those years, she wouldn't be getting half of her company.

The company that she started.

She nodded with a humorless smile on her face as she chewed on the nuts off his desk. With a pointed look, she told him to make something happen or else.

'Ladies and gentlemen, Mrs. Cookie Lyon.' Lucious whispered as he watched his ex-wife and past life walk out of his office.

---

(Southampton, NY)

'Shawn, get in here. Your dad just bought you this new 'thing'. Do you know what it is, Sweetie?' Her mom, Sharon, called to her as she finished adding make-up to her appearance. Shawn quickly walked down the stairs and entered the family room as her parents whispered loudly. 'Yeah, Mom. It's an iPhone 6. He's been following me for two weeks now... I'm pretty sure he knew what I wanted for my birthday.'

Sharon pouted as her husband chuckled at the clever girl. 'Honey, our daughter's very observant. Don't blame her.' Antonio, Shawn's father, massaged his wife's shoulder and pressed a couple kisses to her forehead. Shawn just examined the big phone with great features and even a banging new case. 'Thanks, Mom & Dad.' She kissed her mother and father on the cheek before heading back to her bedroom.

So her parents were the type to give her whatever she liked. Every teenager's dream. Certainly if they were THE Steelsons who owned half of Southampton and rich enough to buy two baseball teams.

Shawn set up her new phone with all her old contacts and even took a few selfies of her finished appearance. She posted them on her Instagram before calling up her boyfriend, Christian. They had been going out for about 3 1/2 months.

'Chris, are you coming over tonight? My Dad has set everything up. Yeah, right. No, I'm not going to sing for you. Boy, it's my birthday!' Shawn rolled her eyes though her boyfriend could not see her. She let him go on ad on about how cool her parents were and how she could be a big star if she let her parents contact some important people. 'Just come tonight and we will see about all that.' She knew he wanted her to become some famous star making music and traveling the world with big names.

--

Meanwhile, Cookie interrupted Lucious in his meeting with the board. A caramel skinned woman with short cropped hair took over as Lucious led her out. Her name was Anika and she was Head of A&R.

'Lucious, stop playing with me.' Cookie appeared to seem calm but her eyes glinted with something entirely different. She wanted what she wanted and she wanted it right now. 'I did 17 long years, I'm tired of waiting.' She hissed in frustration.

Lucious stared at her through squinted eyes before making a deal with her that they would carry on this conversation later. He caught her staring off into space and followed her gaze. There was nothing but a woman kissing a man goodbye while a young girl stood beside her.

'Cooookie. Are you okay? You look tired.' Lucious became worried about her since his recent health problems, he couldn't fathom losing anyone in his family. She bounced back with a soft smile before sweeping her hair over one shoulder. 'I need to go. Jamal's singing tonight. Maybe you should show up and support your son.' Lucious shrugged as Cookie glared at his obvious lack of concern for his second born.

--

'Shawn! Chris and Angie are here!' Sharon yelled up the ascending stairs as she wiped her hands on the cloth hanging from her shoulder. She was trying a new recipe to introduce to the family. 'Okay, I'm almost done. Send them up.' The teen girl replied.

Christian, Shawn's beau, and Angeline, Shawn's bff, walked up the stairs in search of the birthday girl.

She was inside of her bedroom staring at her outfit choices for the night. Right now, Chris was approaching her to give her a peck on the lips. Angie had a look of jealousy as she stared at the whole Beyoncé-ish attire. Shawn had great taste when it came to dressing up for an occasion.

After a brief make out session with Chris, Shawn pushed him down on the bed and checked the time. At least 3 hours until her birthday bash started. It was going to be epic. Maybe even life changing.

Who knew?

Should I make the big reveal in the next chapter?
Should I let her meet her biological mother?
Should she remain clueless until Jamal reveals he is GAY?
Comment if you want to choose or if you want to see something new.