He Stole My Boy

Lucious glared at the image if his ex-wife walking through his house to find him. She was an unwelcome guest that did not get the hint. But he enjoyed hr company even if he would never admit that.

'Hello Lucy, where's Ricky?' Cookie pointed to the light skinned heifer on his desk.

The man only seemed to light up as he laughed loudly. It was truly good to have her sunshine around him at his lowest times. They were a throwback but he could still relate to how he fell in love with her.

'Can we not talk about Anika? Why are you here?' He gestured to her presence. She scoffed at his shut down of their previous conversation.

Cookie was just about to tell him how successful she had been with launching their daughter. It had only been three days and the buzz was getting louder and louder. She needed him to know.

'Deny her all you want, but that blood that flows through her veins is nothing but pure gold. She can end your Empire. Her skill may be on a whole other level but people are always looking for next level talent.' Lucious didn't feel up to arguing with his ex about something that he had no interest in knowing.

--

Anika finally knew what she wanted to do after Empire fell. She wanted Cookie's loud mouthed ass to go back to jail for longer than she had been. If it wasn't the love that she had for Lucious then it was the idea of Cookie taking all her clients. Empire was for her and Lucious, but if Cookie stepped in the way.

She would get struck.

'Rhonda, we need to have a little chat. You know how you introduced me to Lucious, well I'd like you to push, I mean, help him on finding a new head of security. Yes, thank you.' Anika was a devious bitch and one thing you know about débutante's are that they hate losing.

--

Shawn was dressed to impress as she clacked her way through the halls of Empire to find that one somebody. She looked around with a smirk on her face. If the people around didn't already know, then they were about to find out.

When she spotted Tiana and Hakeem, she waved at the girl with a small air kiss. The crew surrounding them created a lot of noise while Hakeem practically yelled at them to shut up. Tiana returned the wave and gave her own smile.

'Shawn, I was looking for you. Keyla, didn't tell you?' Jamal came up behind her and asked. He didn't look like he was about to reveal a secret so Shawn just stared at him. She bat her lashes as he glanced at the way she stood and looked at him. 'What's up?'

Shawn laughed.

This was not Jamal's day. He had crossed the line. She thought she was going to get a least some of her family if any.

'I don't know. Why don't you go ask Mich- I mean, Christian, your boyfriend? Don't apologize. No apologies, right?' Shawn walked off as if her feelings weren't hurt, she had to break up with some worthless piece of crap boyfriend that she believed in. Well, you put your trust in a man...

--

Lucious Lyon spotted Shawn about to head to Cookie's office but he stopped her. He called her to his office. She was hesitant, given the information she had found out about his 'fiancée'.

'Cookie's been telling me about the whispers slowly turning into a buzz for you. Do you think that you are ready for this life? This career? Music makes money and money makes the world happy.' Lucious stated as he tried to read Shawn. She wasn't very hard to read if you knew where to look. 'That of course being said, don't think she will stop at nothing to slit anyone's throat in your way. Cookie is headstrong and that built us but it can break us jus as easily.'

Shawn scoffed as she thought of how bad Cookie was compared to Anika.

'Worry about the snakes in your own garden. Have you ever thought about how much power and leeway you give to your Barbie?' Shawn didn't want to pull out her cards just yet.

Lucious chuckled darkly at how this little girl thought she knew his business better than he did. He knew enough to put everyone in this building underwater. It was his life goal to build, but he would tear down just as quickly if anyone stopped that from happening.

'Well, you wouldn't mind taking a look at these. Why is Anika having night meetings with Billy Beretti? What is your artists doing talking with HIM when you are their brand?' Shawn shrugged like she didn't know the answers and she really needed to know. It was hard to believe the strength that she had came from being as blind as Lucious obviously was. 'You see where I come from, we don't usually take the biggest knife possible and jam it into our families back. Unless they deserved it. Maybe Barbie thinks you deserve this...' Shawn's smirk grew large as Lucious watched with a cold façade as his so called fiancée put holes in his company.

--
Later on, Shawn sat with a glass of wine in her bath tub. She inhaled the aromatherapy going on and let the soothing sounds of R&B fill her bathroom. It had been a stressful day and she just wanted to soak and take a long rest.

A knock on her door had her calling out since Keyla had went to pick up them a late night snack.

'Come in!'

The building was well secured so she knew that some random person wasn't walking through her door. Or so she thought...

'Didn't know I was getting a show?' The familiar voice had Shawn smiling shyly. She sipped her wine with a look at the beautiful face. 'Care to join me.'

Tiana couldn't resist. The tension between them was real even though they tried to fight it. She wasn't usually the one to cheat on someone else but last night she had seen Hakeem with some random lady.

'I heard about your success in the studio. And how you used those giant scissors to open that boutique... Girl, I thought I had a great start.' Tiana was showering Shawn with compliments and it made the other girl feel like she was doing something right.

She didn't know why she would do something like this but her lips kissed Tiana's and it felt amazing. The other girl grabbed her face and held it in place as they both kissed each other with a hunger that neither of them knew they had.

'Shawn, I bought you Roc- the fuck?! My eyes are blind now.' Keyla dropped the ice cream and covered her eyes. She backed up and bumped the door on her way out.

All Shawn and Tiana could do was bust out laughing.