Mother/Daughter

After being subjected to a good night of partying, Shawn woke up in her home on the bathroom floor. She felt tired and sick. Jamal had to carry her home after she took one to many shots and proceeded to grope all over Tianna.

'Here, take this. It will soothe that hangover in minutes.' Cookie suggested as she held up a glass of some green looking stuff. Shawn took it though. 'If it helps...'

She soon felt like her body was floating for a minute before everything settled inside of her. No more headache, no more chest pains, and no signs of nausea. This crap, although nasty, really worked.

'Thanks... Did you need anything?' Shawn pulled herself off the floor to check her appearance.

Cookie hadn't had the need to ask for someone's undivided attention since she got married to Lucious. But now it was her daughter's she needed at the moment. Would it be worth it?

'Today, I want to spend the day with you. Doing any and all things that mothers do with their daughters.' Cookie said in one breath. Shawn thought about it. 'I'd have to cancel our studio time and--'

'Already rescheduled it...if you accept my proposal.' Shawn smiled softly at the woman's obvious need to be closer to her.

How could she say no?

--

'How about this one? It matches your eyes and makes you look younger.' Cookie put the dress on Shawn's chest to catch a better feel of it.

Shawn rolled her eyes.

'Yeah, cause young girls want to look younger. Shouldn't we be shopping for you if younger looks are what you looking for?'

'No, I'm still sexy even at my forty.'

'You sure are... Hey, ma. Did you ever call to see how I was or write to me?' Shawn seemed to bring them back to Earth with that question. Cookie put the dress down and even sat down herself. 'I wrote you every day, but I wasn't allowed to send you anything since the adoption was closed.' Shawn nodded as she chewed on her lip in thought.

'Maybe, I can show you after we get something to eat. I'm starving.' Cookie eased the mood and Shawn fell into the charisma that is Cookie.

--

They actually had a lot to talk about considering the age gap and the fact that Cookie had given her away for adoption.

'Hakeem's a little harder to understand. He just wants attention that he didn't get enough of as a child.' Cookie crushed the subject of Camilla and Hakeem with that statement.

'Age is nothing but a number. He obviously cares about her.' Shawn was still shaky over if she liked or disliked Camilla for making her brother doubt Cookie's maternal love. 'But you are right, some things are not so easily understood.'

The conversation soon shifted to Shawn's life with the Steelson family.

Cookie let the champagne get warm as she ordered something slightly harder. She was getting a sneak peek into the life that she missed out on. Her daughter all grown up, ready to take a musical career, and rebuilding these broken relationships.

'I started out somewhat like Lucious...' Cookie began as she finally told someone how her and that stubborn asshole came to love each other.